Post a reply

Eurosport receives strong audience share....

Postby SnookerFan

Eurosport achieves second-best week ever for channel share during Snooker World Championship

The final week of the 2019 World Championship helped drive second-best channel share ever in ABC1 Men 16+ demographic - second only to Andy Murray reaching the Australian Open final in January 2016
Eurosport achieves record live average audiences among individuals 4+ for a Snooker World Championship
Tournament overall live reach grows +20% on 2018
Tournament average audiences see a +10% increase on 2018
The final week of the tournament saw Eurosport 1 achieve its second-best week ever for channel share among its target ABC1 Men 16+ demographic. Exclusive coverage of Andy Murray’s run to the 2016 Australian Open Grand Slam final remains the channel’s best share performance to date. The 2019 World Championship also generated a +20% increase in live reach and a +10% growth in average audiences compared to the 2018 edition - contributing to record live average audiences among individuals 4+ for a Snooker World Championship.

Viewers enjoyed a tournament of the highest quality all the way to the final as Judd Trump claimed a maiden world title with an 18-9 victory over four-time winner John Higgins. Ronnie O’Sullivan resumed his regular position as Eurosport’s studio expert, alongside ever-present pundits Jimmy White and Neal Foulds – demonstrating unrivalled expertise to a loyal and passionate snooker following.

Eurosport recently announced O’Sullivan would continue as an expert analyst for the Discovery-owned network for a further three years, and in 2016 Eurosport signed a 10-year broadcast agreement with World Snooker – further underlining its status as the Home of Snooker. Earlier this year, Eurosport also reported an uplift in monthly channel performance for January 2019. Live coverage of the Snooker London Masters generated a +24% growth in live audiences, playing a significant role in an overall +33% increase in share of viewing on January 2018.

Jamie Steward, Eurosport Senior Director of Production and Broadcast said:

"We are thrilled to see such a strong channel performance and take great pleasure knowing that passionate snooker fans are enjoying our coverage. To achieve our second-best week ever for channel share during a non-exclusive event I think is further testament and shows we are giving fans what they crave – which is our mission across all our programming. We have a strong snooker heritage and are thrilled to tell the stories as they unfold throughout the season across all platforms. We have made a long-term commitment to the sport and it’s hugely satisfying to see our strategy pay-off."

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/wor ... tory.shtml

Re: Eurosport receives strong audience share....

Postby Ash147

HustleKing wrote:Hopefully Murphy doesn't try to jump ship now that the Beeb are annoyed with him, and focuses on playing for the next five years or so

Or worse, he joins Eurosport.

Postby HustleKing

The_Abbott wrote:What did Murphy do?

He forced the BBC to allow him on for analysis for a few hours between sessions of his match with Robbo. Also, other posters here said he stalked the winter garden set hoping to be let on for analysis several times, even when he wasn't scheduled for it!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HustleKing wrote:

He forced the BBC to allow him on for analysis for a few hours between sessions of his match with Robbo. Also, other posters here said he stalked the winter garden set hoping to be let on for analysis several times, even when he wasn't scheduled for it!

Is this true?

How could he force the BBC to allow him on?

Postby HustleKing

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
HustleKing wrote:

Is this true?

How could he force the BBC to allow him on?

Sorry, I mean't pitied.

Postby Wildey

HustleKing wrote:

yea that was the saddest most pathetic thing ive seen.

Nothing new having players as Pundits over the years Dennis Taylor, Willie Thorne, John Virgo, Eddie Charlton and in recent years Steve Davis, John Parrott, Ken Doherty, Stephen Hendry have all been active players while doing punditry and Comentating and some have done Comentry while they in a tournament but never before during a match even if it was a 3 day match and then having the presenter asked Questions about the match they dont even talk to the press during a match.

Postby SnookerFan

HustleKing wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Postby Vallomas

I guess that I wouldn't be really satisfied with Eurosport's coverage on its main channels, especially in the World Championship.

But Eurosport Player is extremely cheap and everything is available there. So, I appreciate their good work.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:I guess that I wouldn't be really satisfied with Eurosport's coverage on its main channels, especially in the World Championship.

But Eurosport Player is extremely cheap and everything is available there. So, I appreciate their good work.

How so?

I get it's main channel.

Postby Vallomas

SnookerFan wrote:
Vallomas wrote:I guess that I wouldn't be really satisfied with Eurosport's coverage on its main channels, especially in the World Championship.

How so?

I get it's main channel.

Maybe in my country (Greece) the schedule is different, I am not really sure. What really happened is that they interrupted the coverage of Higgins v Gilbert semi just before the decider, to show a motorcycle race. Fortunately, I was already watching the match on the Player and I didn't miss anything.

Postby HustleKing

Dan-cat wrote:Surely this is made up. The beeb Love Murphy

Ok, I'm just speculating that the Beeb are annoyed with him. Maybe they want him to finish playing immediately and put all his focus on punditry, I don't know

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

There's a TV Ratings thread on the Digital Spy forum and it has numbers for the evening programmes on BBC2.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/profile/c ... /BigOrange

Monday 29th 1.1m (6.7%)
Tuesday 30th 0.8m (5.3%)
Wednesday 1st 1.0m (6.1%)
Thursday 2nd 0.8m (5.3%)
Friday 3rd 1.1m (6.8%)
Saturday 4th 1.3m (7.1%)
Sunday 5th 1.7m (9.2%)
Monday 6th 2.1m (11.7%)

Looking at the Masters the numbers are

Trump-Robertson 1.23m (6.9%)
Trump-O'Sullivan (2nd session) 2.0m (9.1%)

Postby Lemnas

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:There's a TV Ratings thread on the Digital Spy forum and it has numbers for the evening programmes on BBC2.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/profile/c ... /BigOrange

Monday 29th 1.1m (6.7%)
Tuesday 30th 0.8m (5.3%)
Wednesday 1st 1.0m (6.1%)
Thursday 2nd 0.8m (5.3%)
Friday 3rd 1.1m (6.8%)
Saturday 4th 1.3m (7.1%)
Sunday 5th 1.7m (9.2%)
Monday 6th 2.1m (11.7%)

Looking at the Masters the numbers are

Trump-Robertson 1.23m (6.9%)
Trump-O'Sullivan (2nd session) 2.0m (9.1%)

Thanks.

Cloud Strife wrote:I'm more interested in knowing what the figures are for DAZN's coverage in the US.

Probably very low.