Post a reply

Re: Bazza's annual press conference

Postby Lemnas

Godot wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Hearn is full of sh1t. he said there would be 20 ranking events next season. it is down to 15 on the provisional calendar. World Open, International, European and Indian gone and the PHC is now a 16 man invitational. so it has gone from 20 down to 15. there is no way they will add 5 rankers at this stage. hearn is a liar.

Absolutely no chance Yushan (World Open) will not be a ranking event tbf. After spending hundreds of millions in redevelopment and creating a 'snooker city' in an attempt to rival the Crucible, the thought of them not hosting a ranking event would be baffling.

I agree.

The calendar will look very similar to last season in the end I think. It is missing the World Open, International Championship, European Masters and Indian Open right now. The first three line up perfectly with the 'unknown' events in the provisional calendar at the same time of the year. World Snooker is probably going around asking other cities/sponsors for more money in case of the International Championship, so that one could be in a new city with a new name. I can't imagine that the Indian Open will be discontinued, because India is such a big market. They will have to move to January, but it has moved several times already time wise.

The Championship League will stay imo, but maybe with fewer players due to less time. Who cares anyway?

That leaves one new event in November directly prior to the UK Championship. I predict that it will be in Hong Kong and similar/slightly bigger to the other chinese events in terms of prize money. https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/ar ... d-schedule

Another detail I noticed is that there are no venues for Players Championship and WGP yet. They could be moved outside the UK.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Cahill's run at the WC has shades of the original Rocky film.

Rocky may have been working for gangsters but I'm not sure he'd ever been arrested like young Cahill. The comparison doesn't quite work imo.

Postby Ronnie79

Lemnas wrote:
Godot wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Hearn is full of sh1t. he said there would be 20 ranking events next season. it is down to 15 on the provisional calendar. World Open, International, European and Indian gone and the PHC is now a 16 man invitational. so it has gone from 20 down to 15. there is no way they will add 5 rankers at this stage. hearn is a liar.

Absolutely no chance Yushan (World Open) will not be a ranking event tbf. After spending hundreds of millions in redevelopment and creating a 'snooker city' in an attempt to rival the Crucible, the thought of them not hosting a ranking event would be baffling.

I agree.

The calendar will look very similar to last season in the end I think. It is missing the World Open, International Championship, European Masters and Indian Open right now. The first three line up perfectly with the 'unknown' events in the provisional calendar at the same time of the year. World Snooker is probably going around asking other cities/sponsors for more money in case of the International Championship, so that one could be in a new city with a new name. I can't imagine that the Indian Open will be discontinued, because India is such a big market. They will have to move to January, but it has moved several times already time wise.

The Championship League will stay imo, but maybe with fewer players due to less time. Who cares anyway?

That leaves one new event in November directly prior to the UK Championship. I predict that it will be in Hong Kong and similar/slightly bigger to the other chinese events in terms of prize money. https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/ar ... d-schedule

Another detail I noticed is that there are no venues for Players Championship and WGP yet. They could be moved outside the UK.

the coral series will stay in the uk for a start and hong kong will not stage an event. they got rid of the HK Masters after one season

Postby Ronnie79

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Godot wrote:https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker/status/1126787163125895168

World Snooker Awards: 2018/19 winners
Player of the Year – Judd Trump
Fans’ Player of the Year – Ronnie O’Sullivan
Snooker Writers’ Player of the Year – Judd Trump
Performance of the Year – James Cahill
Rookie of the Year – Joe O’Connor
Magic Moment of the Year – Ronnie O’Sullivan

Agree with most of them, but there is no way O'Connor should have won rookie of the year over Xintong. Zhao is ranked #58 and he has only completed year one of his card!

Cahill is a joke as well. Not trying to discredit his win but one win over ROS at the Crucible is surely not more worth or a better performance than winning a ranking title (beating 7 opponents along the way) like Jimmy Robertson has done. Thepchaiya won the Shootout so thats not a big deal but Jimmy Robertsons ranker was a proper achievement.

Maybe it's due to the fact that he gained a two year tour card via the one year list as an amateur ???????. a great achievement, which you are overlooking

So his award was for gaining a tour card? <doh>

I only stated a fact

Postby vodkadiet1

Someone on the radio said that Barry Hearn was even more racist than Danny Baker last week. What happened?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

vodkadiet1 wrote:Someone on the radio said that Barry Hearn was even more racist than Danny Baker last week. What happened?

He made some comment about slavery.

Postby vodkadiet1

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Someone on the radio said that Barry Hearn was even more racist than Danny Baker last week. What happened?

He made some comment about slavery.

Hearn knows all about slavery; making players play 35 tournaments a year just to scrape a living!

Postby SnookerFan

In my opinion, what Alan Sugar's Senegal "joke" on Twitter was easily as bad as what Danny Baker said. And wasn't a one-off from Sugar either.

I fail to see why Alan Sugar wasn't fired?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

In my opinion, what Alan Sugar's Senegal "joke" on Twitter was easily as bad as what Danny Baker said. And wasn't a one-off from Sugar either.

I fail to see why Alan Sugar wasn't fired?

Spondoolies. Hell, let's give him a BAFTA as well. No, make it two. For services to the unhinged

Postby fridge46

HappyCamper wrote:still two unconfirmed ranking events in january and march,

They will highly likely be European Masters and Indian Open respectively:

"Additionally, we are working towards finalising options for both the Indian Open and the European Masters within the tour however these events are subject to contract and cannot be confirmed at this stage."

They both have prize money breakdowns:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-content/ ... dule-2.pdf

Postby Lemnas

SnookerFan wrote:So, the European Masters won't be in October any more?

It might not even be in Europe anymore.

Postby SnookerFan

Lemnas wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, the European Masters won't be in October any more?

It might not even be in Europe anymore.

Depends whether we really do leave Europe after October 31st. rofl

Postby HappyCamper

the european masters is back on the menu. taking place in austria before the german masters.

it also forms part a new 'european series' similar to the home nations but with the german masers, european masters, gibraltar open, and for some reason the shoot-out i guess watford is in europe.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/betvictor-e ... ord-level/

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:the european masters is back on the menu. taking place in austria before the german masters.

it also forms part a new 'european series' similar to the home nations but with the german masers, european masters, gibraltar open, and for some reason the shoot-out i guess watford is in europe.

Postby The_Abbott

HappyCamper wrote:the european masters is back on the menu. taking place in austria before the german masters.

You are correct. Watford is part of Europe. Even if we leave the EU just to clarify.

Postby Lemnas

They also increased the prize money for the Shoot-Out and the Gibraltar Open. Essentially the two smallest tournaments of the last season (PHC and Gibraltar) are now combined into one event. Saves money and time for everyone and Germany even gets the European Masters in return.

The bonus for the series winner is probably to increase participation as more and more players don't play a lot anymore and to build up some attention for those four events, because they can't compete with the history of UK tournaments or the money and tv audiences of chinese tournaments right now.

Postby TheSaviour

I was about to warn you about Barry. Just once again got late, but not so much surprised he ousted Xintong. Luckily had some faith on him, once again. He´s at his best while no-one is watching his antics, just the results. Posiotioning the cue ball closely as possible, so he can avoid the unwanted cannons. Which does no good to ANYONE. That´s the future of the game. Barry Hawkins and Mark Allen both play that very well indeed. Kyren Wilson is full of Jimmy White-type of a flaws at the moment. He should take Jimmy just as a person, not as a snooker player. As a person Jimmy´s still top notch, and he still can make it but not ahead of a British crowd, probably. That´s sad as Kyren´s different, not any flexible. GARY just got lucky as he edged past meant to be - dominated the sport, Luca Brecel. GARY got all the world invitations after that. GARY isn´t looming large anymore, which is something I can build on. GARY was a great prospect but just edging past too traditional Brecel isn´t something which would really count. It would be same as claiming GARY got better of DAVID GILBERT lol. But surely GARY is someone who can still hide the ball, on the trot also... GARY is Dominic Dale in disguise. Just like Vafaei is Stuart Bingham in disguise.

Any given thinking is just about how many different thoughts and places there might be. The time makes all the difference. Or then not.

It is a sport of a strong personalities. Just take those loose reds first, be as arrogant looking as possible, and then position the cue ball really close to the next efforts. Ups, ups, hups and the pack is wide open without any risks. Shaun Murphy has now finally got it really going. He´s up and running, tournament in, tournament out. No daft long reds efforts indeed. Barry Hawkins could be next.

They all already have had some really great results. The memories are out there. Is that something Barry next want´s to "sort out"??

They all wanted still to witness at least this day. So now it is on. Was it really worth it?

Joe Perry is Ronnie O´Sullivan in disguise. Or Ronnie O´Sullivan is Joe Perry in disguise. Doesn´t make any difference or sense which way it is.

So now it is a world of absolutely no claims, arguments anymore. They all are just using their powers to stating the current facts. Luca Brecel is ringing the bell, Barry Hawkins not that much greatly. Something´s still missing.

Jimmy White could be a truly cracking pool-player these days. That would explain the state of Kyren Wilson also. As well as Judd and Selby...... But not Barry............... (Allen just got unlucky, happens to anyone at times).

Postby Cloud Strife

Lemnas wrote:

They also increased the prize money for the Shoot-Out and the Gibraltar Open. Essentially the two smallest tournaments of the last season (PHC and Gibraltar) are now combined into one event. Saves money and time for everyone and Germany even gets the European Masters in return.

The bonus for the series winner is probably to increase participation as more and more players don't play a lot anymore and to build up some attention for those four events, because they can't compete with the history of UK tournaments or the money and tv audiences of chinese tournaments right now.

Which part of Germany is Austria in? :chin: