Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump is snooker's greatest talent

Postby TheRocket

My prediction for Trump is that by the end of his career he'll have won 2-3 World Titles, 3-4 Masters, 2-3 UK's. His ranking title tally will be in the 25-30 mark.

He should finish his career as a solid All-Time Great.

Postby Ace

Is it bad that a 44 year old Ronnie still worries me? I don't think Trump will gain the upper hand like Ronnie did against Hendry in the 2000s for some reason I think Ronnie will still be competitive and win matches against Judd which will lead to a few titles being cut off from his cabinet.

Ronnie likes to prove people wrong, the more we write him off the stronger he comes back so he'll be fired and hungry to beat the man to beat.

Postby TheRocket

Not sure if they'll ever meet in a World final but I think their rivalry will be even more fierce now.

The media and pundits like Hendry will hype the match as much as they can. Which will spur them on.

I do think there is a little bit grudge as well.

Postby TheSaviour

To me, Judd is a very likeable lad as he could (or as they say, should) using glasses, or at least he had should do. But refuses or refused to do so! He chooses or is it that he choosed to to play with contacts. He might had some kind of a minor eye-surgery, if I remember it correct.

Sporting glasses at least here is something lot´s of people just see as a sign of a success, and that´s basically the only reason they are sporting those. Argh! I am not that much of a fun of that.. It´s not that they couldn´t do without those.

So that´s one more important reason why Judd to me is a very, very likeable lad.

So soon I reckon it is a Q-School once again. Will we be seeing any new Judd Trumps out there? Interesting! Remind you that it is perfectly okay getting nervous and just absolutely to bottle it. Been there, done that. Well, not at the snooker or at the pool table, but otherwise for sure, and countless of a times. I have been wiped out of the pool table as well, but most of the times just opponent getting lucky. Which is something why I also prefer snooker instead of many other sports. But what I personally think is that everyone should have a decent battle each time picking up a cue. I don´t mind if player is getting very nervous if there just is a decent battle in him or her. Graeme Dott is a one really example. Graeme is always a gritty and just battling it a away, even when seemingly many times getting a very nervous.

So... Pot the Lot Dott... Dott...Dott...Dott...Dott...Pot...the...Lot...Dott...Dott...

GRAEME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have also read that Scotland is not that much of safe place to have a late evening walk if you are single woman...

Having a great sport show and an experience is something of which we could learn from the Americans. Let´s take New England and Boston Celtics; Hoop dreams ramp up each fall as the Celtics take the court.
That really says it all to me, I mean what the Sports should be all about. No matter how depressing or repeatitive that might sound to you. But realistically there isn´t that much anything else in it.

Or a top place in New England to eat seafood; Geoerge´s of Galilee. George´s has had pick of the catch since 1948. Or Union League Café, New have, CT; New England meat, produce, and spectacular fish get the French brasserie treatment at this classy but cozy dining spot at the edge of Yale University. There´s also an outstanding raw bar of New England shellfish.

But seriously, I couldn´t believe my eyes a few days ago when I was looking some energy drinks or a beer cans; what is Motor Oil doing in a Supermarket? Why they were selling Motor Oil amongs the Energy drink and alcohol cans?? I am just that much of a crazy that I bought and downed it. Motor Oil. Well my stomach famously is among there with the greatest. Did the trick also.

So yes, Judd is right up there AND a very, very likeable lad. No-one can deny that, I believe. But still couldn´t believe my eyes a few days ago; what is Motor Oil doing in a supermarket?

Postby Dan-cat

At the time I was shouting for Uh Nooh, but let's face it he wouldn't have won the champs, perhaps Higgins would have won... so it would have been a wasted victory. We have a young and exciting new World Champ and this is so much better for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2Lr8pASq8

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good article KK - Judd would smash Ronnie these days.

Think most people would agree

Last time Ronnie beat him.

I think they'll share wins between them, cant see one starting to dominate. The most there's been is 4 wins in a row, but then the other bounced back.

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:At the time I was shouting for Uh Nooh, but let's face it he wouldn't have won the champs, perhaps Higgins would have won... so it would have been a wasted victory. We have a young and exciting new World Champ and this is so much better for the game.

If Teppy had won this match Higgins would be a 5 time World Champion now. I'm pretty sure about that.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:At the time I was shouting for Uh Nooh, but let's face it he wouldn't have won the champs, perhaps Higgins would have won... so it would have been a wasted victory. We have a young and exciting new World Champ and this is so much better for the game.

If Teppy had won this match Higgins would be a 5 time World Champion now. I'm pretty sure about that.

Ding would have won the title. Quite easily.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:Ding would have won the title. Quite easily.

Higgins played really well in the final. Not sure how a nervy Ding would have coped with that. But he has a good record against the Scot overall so you might be right.

Postby Ronnie79

Ace wrote:https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/world-championships/2019/top-trump-high-octane-performance-means-judd-is-world-champion_sto7260450/story.shtml

Who agrees?

no

I agree. No one plays shots like him and John Higgins said there is no other talent like him. He can beat a lot of records now.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:

I think they'll share wins between them, cant see one starting to dominate. The most there's been is 4 wins in a row, but then the other bounced back.

no Trump will start to dominate now i'm afraid

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ive never thought of Judd as a dominant type of player and nothing has changed my mind about that he goes in and out of form possibly more than any other players.

The difference between his Best and his worst is frightening some of the pots he missed during the World Championship was scary he was trying to find a pocket between the midddle and the corner pockets with some of them he missed them by so much.

its been said before the way he cues at a ball does not lend itsself to consistncy.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

in your dreams

MMMmmmm - possibly some hyperbole in my previous statement I will admit.

However, if Judd had potted that easy yellow instead of smashing it he would have three victories on the bounce. He really should have won that encounter but of course should doesn't count in the record books.

What will happen between the two of them in the future is pure speculation, but if I had to bet money on which one will do better, it would go on Trump.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:What will happen between the two of them in the future is pure speculation, but if I had to bet money on which one will do better, it would go on Trump.

A 29-year old will almost always have a brighter future than a 43-year old. Judd's on the way up, while Ronnie's due to DECLINE! any year now...

Postby sas6789

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

No he won't.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:What will happen between the two of them in the future is pure speculation, but if I had to bet money on which one will do better, it would go on Trump.

A 29-year old will almost always have a brighter future than a 43-year old. Judd's on the way up, while Ronnie's due to DECLINE! any year now...

Of course - that is the way of things.

I am watching Clive Everton's History of Snooker on You Tube atm and it is striking how rapidly some of the greats did 'decline'

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am watching Clive Everton's History of Snooker on You Tube atm and it is striking how rapidly some of the greats did 'decline'

That's a big part of what makes Ronnie so unique and impressive relative to the other greats of the game. He's WN1 at an age where Davis was done winning and Hendry retired...

Postby vodkadiet1

The word 'Talent' is the most overrated word in snooker. You may as well ask who is the 'sweatiest' snooker player?

Breaking news: Steve Davis has just tweeted "Judd Trump is the greatest snooker player we have ever seen".
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 15 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am watching Clive Everton's History of Snooker on You Tube atm and it is striking how rapidly some of the greats did 'decline'

That's a big part of what makes Ronnie so unique and impressive relative to the other greats of the game. He's WN1 at an age where Davis was done winning and Hendry retired...

Yes - definitely stands out. He has lasted well beyond what might have been expected.

On the flip side, he has been no1 so rarely given his talent which is a surprise.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:On the flip side, he has been no1 so rarely given his talent which is a surprise.

That's at least partly a function of the caveman-ish ranking system that is used. A more modernized and sophisticated ranking system (that actually measured performance rather than money) probably would have ranked Ronnie at the top at lot more often...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:On the flip side, he has been no1 so rarely given his talent which is a surprise.

That's at least partly a function of the caveman-ish ranking system that is used. A more modernized and sophisticated ranking system (that actually measured performance rather than money) probably would have ranked Ronnie at the top at lot more often...

A fair point.

Postby SnookerEd25

vodkadiet1 wrote:The word 'Talent' is the most overrated word in snooker. You may as well ask who is the 'sweatiest' snooker player?

Current : Michael White (just looks very sweaty)

All-time : Bill Werbeniuk.