Post a reply

Re: Hearn said there would be 128 players next season but...

Postby fridge46

snoopy2608 wrote:Rumour I've heard is that they've given a 3rd place to challenge tour...ie. Mitchell Mann....this is mainly based on his absence from Q school

Rumour confirmed:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/main-tour-q ... 20-update/

"The decision has also been taken due to award an additional tour card to Mitchell Mann as the third placed player on the 2018/19 Challenge Tour ranking list due to the additional positions available for next season."

Postby SnookerFan

fridge46 wrote:
snoopy2608 wrote:Rumour I've heard is that they've given a 3rd place to challenge tour...ie. Mitchell Mann....this is mainly based on his absence from Q school

Rumour confirmed:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/main-tour-q ... 20-update/

"The decision has also been taken due to award an additional tour card to Mitchell Mann as the third placed player on the 2018/19 Challenge Tour ranking list due to the additional positions available for next season."

Postby mick745

I think that is poor. Just imagine thete had been a coyple of challenge tour events left and you didnt enter because you couldnt get in the top 2 but you had an outside chance of getting third in the league table.

Dont like the way they've changed the rule after the event.

Postby SteveJJ

mick745 wrote:I think that is poor. Just imagine thete had been a coyple of challenge tour events left and you didnt enter because you couldnt get in the top 2 but you had an outside chance of getting third in the league table.

Dont like the way they've changed the rule after the event.

I didn't like how they gave Stefanow a tour card last year, seemingly only because he was contemplating giving up the game. I'm sure theres other promising amateurs who haven't and won't be afforded that luxury.

Postby TheSaviour

You are missing Stephen Hendry.

Or how about that man who is always walking his dog, a dog which even isn´t existing..? Only in America! AnyTown, USA. AnyTown, USA. Only they can came up with such a "realistic drivel". Could land a wild card also. A man who is always walking his dog, a dog that even isn´t exisiting lol. At least I presented that annual Q School - thing a bit differently now lol. Snookerfan can just watch and learn <laugh> .

You are missing Stephen Hendry.

It is just so tough and difficult to pick up a telephone.

rofl rofl

Postby Dan-cat

:-D

Obligatory warning about not editing quotes SF. Only because at some point in the future someone may hark back to this case. Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the newborn king. A man who is always walking his dog, a dog that even isn't existing. It is just so tough and difficult to pick up a telephone. Romford is the word.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote::-D

Obligatory warning about not editing quotes SF. Only because at some point in the future someone may hark back to this case. Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the newborn king. A man who is always walking his dog, a dog that even isn't existing. It is just so tough and difficult to pick up a telephone. Romford is the word.

I didn't really edit it. He did use the word "drivel".

I thought we were allowed to delete parts of the quote, to highlight the bit we were referring to?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote::-D

I didn't really edit it. He did use the word "drivel".

I thought we were allowed to delete parts of the quote, to highlight the bit we were referring to?

ah!! I didn't see that word in my skim reading.

I take it back then. Warning retracted.

Hit me.

Postby roy142857

snoopy2608 wrote:I've heard that the 2 CBSA nominees are Chang Bingyu and Bai Langning (was expecting Pang Junxu) - no sign of when African champs will be sorted (July?)

Last I heard they were aiming at July ... Morocco withdrew as hosts and Tunisia were trying to sort out venue, dates etc