Post a reply

Re: Your 2018/2019 Highs and Lows

Postby eraserhead

Highs.

Seeing Ronnie make the 1000th ton and lift the trophy live.
The world final making up for a generally dissapointing worlds.

Lows.
Ding’s whole season
The world championship promising some interesting matches but none really happened.
Ronnie crashing out to Cahill.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Highs:

-Ronnie O'Sullivan winning the Shanghai Masters
-Ronnie O'Sullivan winning the Champions of Champions
-Ronnie O'Sullivan winning the UK Championship
-Ronnie O'Sullivan winning the Players Championship
-Ronnie O'Sullivan winning the Tour Championship
-Ronnie O'Sullivans 147 at the English Open
-Ronnie O'Sullivans 1000th Century break at the Players Championship
-Ronnie O'Sullivans dramatic win over Selby in Northern Ireland.
-Ronnie O'Sullivans dramatic win over Trump at the Tour Championship

- Lows

-Ronnie O'Sullivan losing in the final of the Masters
-Ronnie O'Sullivan losing in the first round of the World Championship.

Everyone else writes a sentence, I only wrote a word, you write a thesis, you should change your username to DrRocket. Good post, made me laugh (more than HIGNFY right now), I mean it in a good way - thanks :)

No problem mate. It was supposed to be a ironic post so you understand the funny side behind it.

Made me laugh because I was going to do the exact same thing about Robbo earlier in the day but real life rudely interrupted my slobbing around on the sofa so only had time to respond "ditto" to HK's post. Guess it saved me from a telling off though!

Postby mick745

An honourable mention must go to Cahill who as an amareur beat the WN1 twice and in the two biggest tournaments to boot.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The Tour Championship. There was the danger that it could have flopped with a load of one sided matches and a final ending a session early. Something like that will happen eventually but it was important that the first couple of years are good to get it established and that's what happened.

Postby TheSaviour

Thinking about it now I would put Neil Robertson´s seemingly hasard and so called brainless and thoughtless shots (in order to put something immediately safe) as a high. First those seemed like an extreme lows but the further investigations and an in-depth analyses has pointed completely vice-versa!

Mark Williams started really well as a reigning WC, that was first as a high also. But he finished extremely poorly. Martin Gould was a better player only to bottle it, and Mark sitting on his chair was anything but convincing, he just seemed to be a bit of bell end. And then he bowed out from the Tournament, so he finished with a certain low. Kyren Wilson also started really well and played really good during the winter months. Had a decent WC also. He was decent.

I really enjoyed the way Ronnie and Mark Selby played some cannons to turn the odd red ball around. Ronnie´s overall playing and the results were a high, certainly. He finished with a low, as I and obviously many other also suspected he would. Selby finished with a high, as he really was impressive in Sheffield, the centuries were there also. He just played against almost rampant safety - player called Gary Wilson and bowed out. But personally can´t see any low with it. Just happened. Gary really showed up and played rampantly. Gary was a high, eventually. His break-building could had been better, still. Dominic Dale also does play those same safeties but we all know what has happened to his break-building.. Ability still there, yes, but not the consistency lol.

Judd was a high all the way. Not much anything to say about it. Quite a simple cannons but those also worked almost each time. So can´t critice him. His cueing and that´s why the long potting is the best there ever has been, by a country mile.

Ding Junhui and Jimmy White never really showed up. Decent enough from their part given the circumstances but not either high or a low.

And what is futuristic is the way how Neil Robertson played.

What is always futuristic is something where you posses something which not right now has any value in it but if the circumstances do change you can cash out with those... The people (including me) always moan about how it used to, what kind of a business there used to be but not anymore. But then, just keep the possesion, and some day those business might make a return and then you once again have it. That´s always the futuristic. As well as if a one just knows what to do with the future. That´s always a very futuristic, no matter how it currently ever would been.

The greatest ever shooter, by a country mile, has retired! But that´s just sport. And Come On San Marino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWHL5I-E-A now, one of my early picks.... <doh> <doh>

Postby Ck147

TheSaviour wrote:Thinking about it now I would put Neil Robertson´s seemingly hasard and so called brainless and thoughtless shots (in order to put something immediately safe) as a high. First those seemed like an extreme lows but the further investigations and an in-depth analyses has pointed completely vice-versa!

Mark Williams started really well as a reigning WC, that was first as a high also. But he finished extremely poorly. Martin Gould was a better player only to bottle it, and Mark sitting on his chair was anything but convincing, he just seemed to be a bit of bell end. And then he bowed out from the Tournament, so he finished with a certain low. Kyren Wilson also started really well and played really good during the winter months. Had a decent WC also. He was decent.

I really enjoyed the way Ronnie and Mark Selby played some cannons to turn the odd red ball around. Ronnie´s overall playing and the results were a high, certainly. He finished with a low, as I and obviously many other also suspected he would. Selby finished with a high, as he really was impressive in Sheffield, the centuries were there also. He just played against almost rampant safety - player called Gary Wilson and bowed out. But personally can´t see any low with it. Just happened. Gary really showed up and played rampantly. Gary was a high, eventually. His break-building could had been better, still. Dominic Dale also does play those same safeties but we all know what has happened to his break-building.. Ability still there, yes, but not the consistency lol.

Judd was a high all the way. Not much anything to say about it. Quite a simple cannons but those also worked almost each time. So can´t critice him. His cueing and that´s why the long potting is the best there ever has been, by a country mile.

Ding Junhui and Jimmy White never really showed up. Decent enough from their part given the circumstances but not either high or a low.

And what is futuristic is the way how Neil Robertson played.

What is always futuristic is something where you posses something which not right now has any value in it but if the circumstances do change you can cash out with those... The people (including me) always moan about how it used to, what kind of a business there used to be but not anymore. But then, just keep the possesion, and some day those business might make a return and then you once again have it. That´s always the futuristic. As well as if a one just knows what to do with the future. That´s always a very futuristic, no matter how it currently ever would been.

The greatest ever shooter, by a country mile, has retired! But that´s just sport. And Come On San Marino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWHL5I-E-A now, one of my early picks.... <doh> <doh>

Totally agree, well said TS. I think Robbo is the future, now he's back on form he's playing what is the future of snooker, Judd is up there playing the same stuff and when Allen gets it right he's up there too. The others need to adjust otherwise we will see the same old stuff over and over again and that isn't good.

Postby Ck147

TheSaviour wrote:And Come On San Marino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWHL5I-E-A now, one of my early picks.... <doh> <doh>

Australia should have won. Madonna Like a Prayer was good but what she did next should have had someone pull the plug. (Had to stay up waiting for daughter to come back from party - please don't judge.)

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:And Come On San Marino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWHL5I-E-A now, one of my early picks.... <doh> <doh>

Australia should have won. Madonna Like a Prayer was good but what she did next should have had someone pull the plug. (Had to stay up waiting for daughter to come back from party - please don't judge.)

I judge you awesome.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I judge you awesome.

Thanks, I hear that a lot from my missus too, or does she actually say, "switch that bloody snooker off, get off your butt and mow the lawn"? Maybe I should listen, I like what you said more.

Postby SnookerFan

See, the thing women don't understand is, that when a man says he'll get round to it he'll get round to it.

There's no need to nag him about it every five or six months.