Post a reply

Will Ding Junhui ever win The World Championship?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 19

Re: Will Ding Junhui ever win The World Championship?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:No he won't, it has become quite obvious in the past few years.

He's had a few realistic chances the last few years, and bungled them all.

The only one he probably bungked in the last 4 years was against Hawkins last year.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:No he won't, it has become quite obvious in the past few years.

The only one he probably bungked in the last 4 years was against Hawkins last year.

To be fair, he has been knocked out by top opponents recently. Selby twice and Judd.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

To be fair, he has been knocked out by top opponents recently. Selby twice and Judd.

His match against Trump this year was terrible quality for large parts of it. He somehow managed to get the lead after the second session due to a Trump implosion, only to then go and completely disappear in the third session himself.

It's a game the Ding Junhui of 2016/2017 would have won easily, no question. A shame to be honest. I hope he can get his focus back next season.

Postby HustleKing

No, the pressure of being the first Asian to do it will get to him, like in 2016. But if another Asian won it in the next few years, which is even more unlikely, that monkey off his back could make Ding more relaxed and play more consistently in the WC.

Postby Andre147

I'd say his best chances were in 2016 when Selby didnt play great all tournament, and 2011 when he lost to Trump. If he'd won that Semi, I think he would have given Higgins a good game, possibly win it as he holds a good h2h against him.

Postby Andre147

If I believe he can win it? Honestly not, but if he were to win it the sort of form he showed in 2016 and 2017 thats what he needs, plus most of the 2013/2014 season which was a terrific one for him, ending in major disappointment.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:If I believe he can win it? Honestly not, but if he were to win it the sort of form he showed in 2016 and 2017 thats what he needs, plus most of the 2013/2014 season which was a terrific one for him, ending in major disappointment.

We're not debating whether he can win it. I don't think that's in doubt. He obviously has the ability.

Will he? That's a different question. He's struggled with confidence there. Also, had come up against some great players / performances.

Postby TheSaviour

The ball is round.

And at least it floats.

Or does the snooker ball actually float ? Steal a one snooker ball (and the colour is now free, not going to moan you anymore about the colours), and throw it into the ocean, and sees what happens. I would say that it does float but obviously can´t be perfectly sure about it. Obviously it depends the amount of salt in the ocean. At least In Israel I suppose it floats. And at least you would finally doing something actually creative regarding the game of snooker... If it floats, then think about how much water there is in you, and think about if needing to have a more salty diet... Could help while the marginal are an extremely small ones. That´s a creative thinking regarding the snooker, and the other trick could be seeing more from Kuldesh Johal! He´s finally an interesting solid prospect. How well he will do now? Probably quite well. Kuldesh Johal.

The ball is round, and we all know who does have the luck with it... But will even that be good enough ?

And I always say that if you are going to make a crime, make it with a style. Use the big wrong money, and you will be having the big bosses around you. You can always deal with them, absolutely no problem. That´s a stylish robbery. No need to steal a beer can or a few. Just embarrassing result. Hopefully the people around here would some day learn that lesson...

Make it big, make it with a style.

Can Ding Junhui make it as a such ?

I am telling you Kleckers is now again going to qualify. He and Ding could have a great rivalry somewhere over the future. I am telling you, Kleckers is going to qualify.

Ramen. Amen. Handmade Japanese thick, filling and generous noodles. Ramen. If nothing else helps. Slightly surprising noodle-nation, Japan. Usually they come up with Malaysia, Thailand, China, Phillippines, South-Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan. But Japan also there as a noodle-nation. It´s just always Ramen. Slightly reminds me of Ding. Just a break-building, breaks, break-building, breaks, break-building, breaks... Got it (?)

And Madrid enjoys some of the brightest sunshine in Europe. Spring, early summer or autumn...

And who now fancies to be a next real-life Forrest Gump ? Say Twitter! Well never mind

All the talk of those Mongolian look-alikes shamans in Russia is a rubbish. Heh, they are all such a good-looking fellas that they can´t posses any "luck". The luck always is there where there´s no looks, make no mistake. Work with those people if really wanting know something really sure about the future. And hey, I can´t criticize anyones looks, as there´s just one really nasty trick they are using these days. ONLY IN UK. That probably feels quite nasty first, and the result is a really nasty. So just better to find a positives about all the people.

I don´t know if any this helped at all. But certainly Ding has the ability to get in. Chinese lucky cookies. I mean the ball is round and it might always favour the most wise one.