Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby SteveJJ

Rory averaging below 24 seconds a shot near the end of the second frame!

Postby Wildey

Dave Finbow is back in action tomorrow 15 years after he last played during the 2004/2005 season where he played 2 matches both against Neil Robertson lost 9-4 and 5-0 and has not been seen since.

He suffered badly of anxiaty attacks by the end of his career which was debilitating and he quit the sport.

During his career he beat a young Ronnie O'Sullivan twice ad his best finish in ranking tournaments was quarter finals 4 times last being the thailand Masters in 2001 where he lost 5-3 to John Higgins.

Postby Lemnas

Chris Totten loses 4-2 to Soheil Vahedi despite Vahedi turning up late.

Postby The_Abbott

Luke Pinches pulls out after winning a match. I wonder why.

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Luke Pinches pulls out after winning a match. I wonder why.

strange

Postby The_Abbott

Too many 4-0 wins. I think they need a preliminary round to get rid of the chaff. Then have the ex pro's join in Round 2 or 3.

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Too many 4-0 wins. I think they need a preliminary round to get rid of the chaff. Then have the ex pro's join in Round 2 or 3.

Why does it matter its not a tournament its not televised basicly with a few 4-0 it means the refs can get to bed before 3am.

Only 4 players wins in each q school the others are dead wood thats being weedled out.

Postby Lemnas

Allan Taylor loses to Xu Si.

Postby acesinc

The_Abbott wrote:Too many 4-0 wins. I think they need a preliminary round to get rid of the chaff. Then have the ex pro's join in Round 2 or 3.

Hi Abbott. Not usually my place to comment on this type thread. I certainly have not been able to keep up with the happenings at Q School. I am proud that we have had at least a couple Americans trying to make a go of it lately, though the odds are admittedly slim. As for a reply to your comment, I think you may be forgetting the most important part of this....it is q SCHOOL. These are players spending thousands of dollars (or their local currency equivalent), usually out of their own pocket, to travel sometimes halfway around the globe to have a legitimate shot at a spot on the Professional Tour. That takes some learning. With each win and loss of a match, a player has added to his education on a long road to hopefully one day reach his or her goal. Bumps and bruises of 4-0 losses are a part of that. Would you have a one frame Pot Black knockout and tell these people to just turn around and go home?

Postby Lemnas

Si Jiahui and Kayden Brierley played two matches and have not lost a frame yet. Both are teenagers.

Postby SteveJJ

Luke Pinches pulls out of the tournament having won his first game.

Postby Lemnas

Does somebody know why there are no players from Thailand in Q School?

Postby Alex0paul

Apparently Pinches had an A Level exam

Postby D4P

According to Wikipedia, Ben Mertens' highest break prior to today was a 62. He has breaks of 75 and 126 in today's match...

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Apparently Pinches had an A Level exam

Yea fantastic ambition there by the young man

Passing exam to get a job in Tesco.

Postby Wildey

Adrian Rosa was a pro for 10 years between 1991 and 2004 with a career high ranking of 88

Adrian Rosa was Alex Higgins first oponement when Alex came back having been banned for threatning to shoot Dennis Taylor and punching Colin Randal the press officer after he lost to Steve James at the Crucible in 1990.

Adrian Rosa won 5-0

Postby SteveJJ

Callum Downing is either on fire or his opponent hasn't turned up. 2-0 in 15 mins.

Postby SteveJJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Bit of a buck up that then.

Good that he's doing A Levels though.

Probably thought it worth getting 4 frames on the board for order of merit purposes. He has the same opponent that he beat in the next event.

Postby Dan-cat

SteveJJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Probably thought it worth getting 4 frames on the board for order of merit purposes. He has the same opponent that he beat in the next event.

Barry Pinches is doing an A Level??

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Barry Pinches is doing an A Level??

Luke Pinches lol

Postby Wildey

Callum Downing won the first 2 frames by default because Nezar Asseri arrived late to play.

I Can not believe how often that happens there is no excuse for it

Postby Wildey

Jamie O'Neil was a pro for 4 years between 2007 and 2014 highest ranking of 90 in 2014 but he did reach the last 16 of the 2014 China Open losing to Mark King 5-3 after wins over Alan McManus, Kyren Wilson and Fergal O,Brien