Post a reply

What did you think of John Higgins’ punishment?

It was too harsh
5%
It was just right
32%
It was too lenient
64%

Total votes : 22

Re: What did you think of John Higgins’ punishment?

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:You'll find nothing untoward here Wild.

Blimey - you must think some of us are idiots.

yup i do experience tells me that

in this case there's a few facts some overlook when comparing this instance with others. On more than one occasion ive had to warn people warnings are now over im afraid.

cant say fairer than 24 hours to clean it up

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Well Well Well ive just stumbled across this thread now im going to read it possibly a few bans coming up we will see and BTW as Author of this thread if anyone else gets a ban Ash will get one by default and it will be longer.

Now to be fair i will not look at this thread for 24 hours you either edit, delete if you think something is not right or tomorrow night ill be issuing bans. <ok>

Is this a joke that I'm not getting?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:What do you think of Ash147's punishment?

He was banned until after The Crucible, but Wild let him back early.

Too lenient?

Not strong enough.

Postby Iranu

Jokes aside I don’t think there’s anything wrong with posting a thread like this. There’s a thread about Stephen Lee too and there’s been nary a peep about that.

Censoring any conversation about the situation would be wrong in my view, and borderline autocratic. Cheap jibes and slander are obviously a different kettle of fish but I think the question itself is fair if responded to in the right way.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:Jokes aside I don’t think there’s anything wrong with posting a thread like this. There’s a thread about Stephen Lee too and there’s been nary a peep about that.

Censoring any conversation about the situation would be wrong in my view, and borderline autocratic. Cheap jibes and slander are obviously a different kettle of fish but I think the question itself is fair if responded to in the right way.

im not saying there is anything wrong im just stating if there is something wrong change it NOW.

thats the problem you see you mentioned Stephen Lee both cases are as different as Ronnie O'Sullivan and Rod Lawler are as players there is no comparison.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:Jokes aside I don’t think there’s anything wrong with posting a thread like this. There’s a thread about Stephen Lee too and there’s been nary a peep about that.

im not saying there is anything wrong im just stating if there is something wrong change it NOW.

thats the problem you see you mentioned Stephen Lee both cases are as different as Ronnie O'Sullivan and Rod Lawler are as players there is no comparison.

Fair enough. I don’t think Ash should be held responsible for others’ posts though. And trust me, it physically hurts me to say that rofl

And yeah I agree they’re different, although I think our reasoning differs: to me, Higgins’ case is worthy of discussion (again, as long as it’s respectful) whereas Lee’s case isn’t.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:Well Well Well ive just stumbled across this thread now im going to read it possibly a few bans coming up we will see and BTW as Author of this thread if anyone else gets a ban Ash will get one by default and it will be longer.

Now to be fair i will not look at this thread for 24 hours you either edit, delete if you think something is not right or tomorrow night ill be issuing bans. <ok>

What are u talking about ?!??
This thread was made a long time ago and nobody has posted in it for ages. :| :? :dizzy:

Postby Ash147

I see no problem with this thread. I think the conversation around this topic has been completely fair.

Wildey, I think you made unfair criticism of this thread without actually reading it.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Fair enough. I don’t think Ash should be held responsible for others’ posts though. And trust me, it physically hurts me to say that rofl

And yeah I agree they’re different, although I think our reasoning differs: to me, Higgins’ case is worthy of discussion (again, as long as it’s respectful) whereas Lee’s case isn’t.

Thanks Iranu. <ok>

If I'm held responsible for my own posts, then other people should be held responsible for theirs too.

Postby SnookerFan

Was my joke about Ash's punishment out of line?

Ash, I apologise if you took it anything more than the humour that I intended i as.

Wild, I apologise if you took it as my questioning your authority in any way.

Sincere on both accounts.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:Was my joke about Ash's punishment out of line?

Ash, I apologise if you took it anything more than the humour that I intended i as.

You're good SF, I knew It was a joke. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:Was my joke about Ash's punishment out of line?

I find your apology offensive

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:I see no problem with this thread. I think the conversation around this topic has been completely fair.

Wildey, I think you made unfair criticism of this thread without actually reading it.

I've not judged anything I've said content better be factual or else.

Postby SnookerFan

To be fair, Andre was already keeping his eye on this thread.

First reply to this thread was;

Andre147 wrote:buck sake its been over 8 years since this... let it go.

I'm tempted to put this in the junkyard, all it takes is one silly insult at Higgins, and a ban will follow.

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I see no problem with this thread. I think the conversation around this topic has been completely fair.

Opinions are often not factual.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Fact

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Fact

In your opinion.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Fact

In your opinion.

rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, Andre was already keeping his eye on this thread.

I'm tempted to put this in the junkyard, all it takes is one silly insult at Higgins, and a ban will follow.

Everything should be fine then when I look at it around 8.30 tonight

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:To be fair, Andre was already keeping his eye on this thread.

Everything should be fine then when I look at it around 8.30 tonight

Leave my thread alone. We were having a civil discussion until you came along.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:

This thread was made a long time ago and nobody has posted in it for ages. :| :? :dizzy:

Yeah, I'm wondering how far back the amnesty goes. Is their a cut-off point? Do I need to be worried about posts I made 10 years ago?

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yeah, I'm wondering how far back the amnesty goes. Is their a cut-off point? Do I need to be worried about posts I made 10 years ago?

If that was the case Wild would have to ban himself based on the Wild Quote Thread quotes alone rofl the frequency of C words in there is hilarious.

Postby Wildey

I was banned for them.

Point is regarding this thread some are unable to talk facts. For instance the word parakeet is a no no regarding this subject not one of the matches mentioned took place so it can't be cheating in no way shape or form.

I'll look forward to see what is said later

Postby Wildey

ScottCorno wrote:Still think had it been a lesser player, the punishment would have been more severe, year or two minimum

Jamie Jones just got banned for the same offense as Higgins and he is serving a 1 year ban so that point is very valid.

Postby Wildey

Everyone Passed with flying colors however this post was the closest to being pull up on

Ash147 wrote:
I know it's been 8 years, but I've never seen a poll made on this issue. It's also still relevant, as he's just reached another World final, and some people may feel he shouldn't even be playing.

I'd like to keep this civil, but there's always the possibility that someone will insult Higgins in any thread.

8 years Ban for not reporting a approach or by having a slightly drunken conversation in private.

Most people would be serving 25 years if they say "im going to kill you" without actually following it up <doh>

John Higgins was Stupid in the extreme.

BUT there are people on here stupid in the extreme just remember what you wish for because unlike World Snooker i might follow it up and issue a very long ban. <ok>