Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Final !!

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:He'd have made 800 if he was middle class.

bristol is the definition of middle class. :chuckle:

And Tunbridge Wells isn't?

This was a joke, by the way. BSP was talking about the class system the other day.

I wondered how long it'd take you to run in and join the conversation.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

This was a joke, by the way. BSP was talking about the class system the other day.

Class post!

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

Class post!

You're working class, shut up.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

:bags:

judd dominating the tour is gonna make u an even bigger grump.

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

Everybody, we've found out which user is Ace.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

It is strange that he's just returned today, after not having posted since the month that Ace signed up. :chin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

rofl

Postby hendry_fan

A belated many congrats to Judd.

I was away a few days in the Highlands. :-)

Brilliant stuff from Judd,thumps Smurph 10-3 + equals the highest break,*141*.

Scoreing wise was ok i guess,EIGHT 50+ breaks,2 of em Centurys.

And he knocked in 12 centurys throughout the tourney. :clap:

Very well done Judd on winnig his 12th Ranking title. :win: :clap:

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd's victory here gives a place to Thepchaiya Un-Nooh at the Champion of Champions

Qualified players to date
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Judd Trump
Kyren Wilson
Matthew Selt
Martin Gould
Neil Robertson
Mark Allen
Stuart Bingham
Yan Bingtao
John Higgins
Stephen Maguire
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

4 More guaranted tournaments to go
Shanghai Masters
China Championship
World Open
English Open

Reanne Evans will get in if any of the above names wins 2 of the 4 events.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:So Reanne Evans actually has a good chance of being in the Champion of Champions then. <doh>

I actually hope she makes it.

The Champion Of Champions is only an invitational at the end of the day. It's not like she's been given a wildcard straight through to the televised stages of The Crucible.

She'll bring interest, from fans and the media if she's at the CoC. Even if she gets spanked in the first round.

The problem with the CoC is, people complain about entrants every year. The year they didn't have enough champions and were entering people based on where they were ranked, people were whining that there weren't enough champions involved. The next year, people were whining that there were champions of too many minor events.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:So Reanne Evans actually has a good chance of being in the Champion of Champions then. <doh>

I still think she has more right to be there than the winner of the Six Reds or the Shoot Out.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

I actually hope she makes it.

The Champion Of Champions is only an invitational at the end of the day. It's not like she's been given a wildcard straight through to the televised stages of The Crucible.

She'll bring interest, from fans and the media if she's at the CoC. Even if she gets spanked in the first round.

The problem with the CoC is, people complain about entrants every year. The year they didn't have enough champions and were entering people based on where they were ranked, people were whining that there weren't enough champions involved. The next year, people were whining that there were champions of too many minor events.

Me too. She deserves that payday. Will be the biggest of her life

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:

I still think she has more right to be there than the winner of the Six Reds or the Shoot Out.

Why? She isn't involved in the main tour, and unlike everyone else she wouldn't have had to have won a tournament on the tour to be involved in the CoC.

If she wants to play in the CoC, she should join the main tour and earn her way there by winning a tournament. We all know that won't happen though, because she isn't good enough to stay on the tour, let alone win something.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Why? She isn't involved in the main tour, and unlike everyone else she wouldn't have had to have won a tournament on the tour to be involved in the CoC.

If she wants to play in the CoC, she should join the main tour and earn her way there by winning a tournament. We all know that won't happen though, because she isn't good enough to stay on the tour, let alone win something.

Because she’s won a proper format actual snooker event and is a world champion.

I’d rather have winners from the Challenge Tour in the CoC than the Six Reds or Shoot Out champions, as much as I’m looking forward to seeing more of Thep.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I’d rather have winners from the Challenge Tour in the CoC than the Six Reds or Shoot Out champions, as much as I’m looking forward to seeing more of Thep.

That was in the Women's Professional tour though, and not the main tour. The quality is not at all comparable. I could set up a tournament at my local club with a 'proper format', but that doesn't mean whoever wins it gets the right to appear in a major competition on the Professional tour.

The CoC, like the rest of the main tour, should be available for main tour players only. If they are missing a couple of players, then pick the highest ranked player who hasn't won something.

Postby HappyCamper

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

That was in the Women's Professional tour though, and not the main tour. The quality is not at all comparable. I could set up a tournament at my local club with a 'proper format', but that doesn't mean whoever wins it gets the right to appear in a major competition on the Professional tour.

The CoC, like the rest of the main tour, should be available for main tour players only. If they are missing a couple of players, then pick the highest ranked player who hasn't won something.

Main tour events have non tour players all the time. There was a quite high profile at the Crucible just a few months ago.

Postby Cloud Strife

Reanne, if she makes it, will get spanked live on national television, further highlighting the disparity between the women's tour and the main tour. Not sure what purpose that will serve, but there you go.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I'd rather none of them were there. Only proper tournament winners should be eligible for this. And no, the women's tournaments or Challenge tour do not count as proper tournaments for the purposes of the main tour.

If they cannot find the suitable number of proper tournament winners, the rankings should be used to top-up the field.

Postby Ash147

HappyCamper wrote:Main tour events have non tour players all the time. There was a quite high profile at the Crucible just a few months ago.

Yes, but they qualified for it just like everyone outside the top 16 had to. Reanne Evans has also attempted to qualify for the World Championship multiple times, but failed every time.

Postby Ash147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I'd rather none of them were there. Only proper tournament winners should be eligible for this. And no, the women's tournaments or Challenge tour do not count as proper tournaments for the purposes of the main tour.

If they cannot find the suitable number of proper tournament winners, the rankings should be used to top-up the field.

Agreed.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Reanne, if she makes it, will get spanked live on national television, further highlighting the disparity between the women's tour and the main tour. Not sure what purpose that will serve, but there you go.

Exposure, normalisation etc. Girls watching who may not even have considered that snooker’s something they could do seeing a woman in a high profile tournament with the best in the world. Even if she gets spanked, it’s still exposure.

I disagree that rankings should be used to top up the places (unless absolutely necessary). Players get enough chances to get into limited field tournaments based on rankings, with Shanghai, The Masters, the Coral Series. Using rankings would make a mockery of the tournament’s name.