Post a reply

Re: Most graceless in defeat

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Steve Davis is hard to beat (about 40:50 in the linked video) for exuding hatefulness in defeat.

pmsl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Ck147

Haven't seen that for years, he looked well effed off didn't he...haha

Postby Cloud Strife

Judd Trump when he claimed an imaginary shoulder injury after losing to Rory at the Crucible.

Totally graceless.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:Judd Trump when he claimed an imaginary shoulder injury after losing to Rory at the Crucible.

Totally graceless.

I think that match stung Judd quite badly. I think that Rory is the lowest ranked player ever to knock out a top eight player at the Crucible.

However please provide a link to give evidence that Judd claimed a shoulder injury.

I know what some posters are like on here. They will start saying you made it up as you are bitter at Judd's incredible recent success.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Judd Trump when he claimed an imaginary shoulder injury after losing to Rory at the Crucible.

Totally graceless.

I think that match stung Judd quite badly. I think that Rory is the lowest ranked player ever to knock out a top eight player at the Crucible.

However please provide a link to give evidence that Judd claimed a shoulder injury.

I know what some posters are like on here. They will start saying you made it up as you are bitter at Judd's incredible recent success.

Trump did claim a shoulder injury, this is a fact. Strange because he led 4 nil.

Postby Iranu

Joe Swail when he lost to Liang Wenbo at the World Championship deserves a mention.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Joe Swail when he lost to Liang Wenbo at the World Championship deserves a mention.

He called Wenbo a parakeet if I recall...

Postby Andre147

I think the topic concerns most graceless in post match interview.

If not then Ronnie would take number 1 spot after conceding against Hendry at 4-1 down.

Postby HustleKing

Andre147 wrote:I think the topic concerns most graceless in post match interview.

If not then Ronnie would take number 1 spot after conceding against Hendry at 4-1 down.

If that's the case, then how do we know if some Asian players may be the most graceless in defeat, if they never give interviews? :chin:

Postby vodkadiet1

Stephen Hendry after losing to Mark Johnston Allen for the 3rd straight time. "I am losing to people who shouldn't be in the same room".

Postby Pink Ball

Marco Fu has always been snooker’s great pantomime villain, and with good reason. Refusing to shake players’ hands; swigging vodka and smoking fags during matches despite the ban; and his notorious spitting incident. Fu has to be well up there. Terrible in victory, too. Who could forget that time he called John Higgins a dirty tourist after he hammered him in the Scottish Open final? Or him telling Hazel Irvine that Ronnie O’Sullivan was finished after he beat him in the Grand Prix final?

Postby rekoons

Pink Ball wrote:Marco Fu has always been snooker’s great pantomime villain, and with good reason. Refusing to shake players’ hands; swigging vodka and smoking fags during matches despite the ban; and his notorious spitting incident. Fu has to be well up there. Terrible in victory, too. Who could forget that time he called John Higgins a dirty tourist after he hammered him in the Scottish Open final? Or him telling Hazel Irvine that Ronnie O’Sullivan was finished after he beat him in the Grand Prix final?

He did what?

Postby TheSaviour

Yes, but how about completely ordinary player who just prefers win? How player like that ever could be graceless? Prefers just to win by doing many things spot on and having some serious power shots also plus always looking great. Which also happens to be the case.

Shots immediately ready. Power-shots also almost there already... A player like that losing a match could be a disaster. Media-wise-

Will be. Yes.

Personally, I am not any passionate man. It was Sean Connery as a 007 who once also stated that. That was cool and the truth, as the 007 only had an eye for beauty.

Let´s just hope they would finally admit what´s bottling and what´s not. And should I be happy with it, getting a loooooooooooooot´s of looks. No smiles at atll but looks. No jokes from their part yet at all lol. But the dogs, the frisbeegolf, the same shirts as I am having, the bottling-jobs on any giving moment, all kinds of spammings. No jokes yet, not any out-spokenly yet. No admitting spamming 9 years away. No admitting I posses SOME hostages... No admitting the modern tattoos shouldn´t be there. Ha haa. I am tough. Phone me. Smile. To me. Ha haa. No results at all if no co-operations...

Let´s just hope they would finally admit they should be happy with this "new world order". I should not but that´s my problem.

Ronnie O´Sullivan is the most gracelss in defeat.

Postby SnookerEd25

I put theSaviour's post into Google Translate. This is it in Afrikaans. I think it makes more sense :

Ja, maar wat van 'n gewone speler wat verkies om te wen? Hoe speler soos ooit kan genadeloos wees? Verkies net om te wen deur baie dinge op die punt te sit en 'n paar ernstige kragskote te hê en om altyd goed te lyk. Wat ook die geval is.

Skote onmiddellik gereed. Kragskote is ook al amper daar ... 'n Speler soos die verlies van 'n wedstryd kan 'n ramp wees. Media-wise-

Sal wees. Ja.

Persoonlik is ek geen passievolle man nie. Dit was Sean Connery as 'n 007 wat dit ook eens gesê het. Dit was gaaf en die waarheid, aangesien die 007 slegs 'n oog vir skoonheid gehad het.

Laat ons maar net hoop dat hulle uiteindelik sal erken wat bottelering is en wat nie. En sou ek tevrede wees daarmee om 'n loooooooooooooot look te kry? Geen glimlag nie, maar kyk. Geen grappies van hul kant af nie, lol. Maar die honde, die frisbeegolf, dieselfde hemde as wat ek aan het, die bottel-bane op enige gegewe oomblik, allerhande spams. Nog geen grappies nie, nog nie sprake daarvan nie. Nie toegelaat dat spam 9 jaar weg is nie. Geen erkenning dat ek 'n paar gyselaars het nie ... dat die moderne tatoeëring nie toegelaat moet word nie. Ha haa. Ek is taai. Bel my. Glimlag. Aan my. Ha haa. Geen resultate as daar geen samewerking is nie ...

Laat ons maar net hoop dat hulle uiteindelik sou erken dat hulle tevrede moet wees met hierdie 'nuwe wêreldorde'. Ek moet nie, maar dit is my probleem.

Ronnie O´Sullivan is die meeste in die nederlaag.

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:Are you from South Africa, SnookerEd? I speak Dutch so I understand a bit of Afrikaans.

No, it was just the first language that came up alphabetically!