Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I also agree with Wild.

As he says, Ronnie draws the crowds, the crowds draw the sponsors. That means more money for the players. That's why MJW likes him around.

I said that, not Wildey. :mood:

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnieeeeeee
Snooker's hero :happy:

Ronnie is snooker's lifeblood. Dreading the day he puts his cue away for good.

Why?

just what makes him the lifeblood really don't get that if im honest

Yea hes a Great player a great Entertainer but unlike the likes of Jimmy and Alex hes also dominant.

So basically hes more Davis and Hendry than he is Jimmy or Alex so no hes not the lifeblood many cant wait to see the back of him that's the truth.

My personal view is in the middle and when he goes the sport moves forward and while hes here lets enjoy him.

You really hate Ronnie, don't you?

How do you see hate in there??????

I Really Hate obsessive fan boys that cant see the wood from the trees and come up with Idiotic statements like that, i will hold my hand up to that and between you and me Ronnie hates them too.

Postby Wildey

As he says, Ronnie draws the crowds, the crowds draw the sponsors. That means more money for the players. That's why MJW likes him around.

I Did not say that lol

To be honest does he do all that i think the sponsors we have will be there anyway its about Betting while Ronnie there the Money go on him and more often than not he wins sponsors or betting firms lose.

let see other sponsors get involved if Ronnie can do that then ill agree with you.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:

I Did not say that lol

To be honest does he do all that i think the sponsors we have will be there anyway its about Betting while Ronnie there the Money go on him and more often than not he wins sponsors or betting firms lose.

let see other sponsors get involved if Ronnie can do that then ill agree with you.

No, you didn't. I said that.
Some posters on here are taking my merits away. :sad:

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

I Did not say that lol

Doesn’t matter how good the results are for sponsors if no one’s watching to place bets on them.

Ronnie’s a big factor in viewing figures, which gives the sponsors the publicity they pay for.

Postby SnookerFan

For weeks, my bed was comfortable to lie in and I was getting 8 hours of quality sleep a night.

Suddenly this week, it has become an excruciatingly painful, paralysis risking death-trap again that it's impossible to get a good night's sleep on.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:For weeks, my bed was comfortable to lie in and I was getting 8 hours of quality sleep a night.

Suddenly this week, it has become an excruciatingly painful, paralysis risking death-trap again that it's impossible to get a good night's sleep on.

Have you checked for a pea under the mattress?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Why?

Yea hes a Great player a great Entertainer but unlike the likes of Jimmy and Alex hes also dominant.

So basically hes more Davis and Hendry than he is Jimmy or Alex so no hes not the lifeblood many cant wait to see the back of him that's the truth.

My personal view is in the middle and when he goes the sport moves forward and while hes here lets enjoy him.

Only his opponents will be happy to see him gone. And not even all of those. MJW for example wants him around. Ronnie draws the crowds, the crowds draw the sponsors. That means more money for the players. That's why MJW likes him around.
What makes Ronnie special is the fact that he's a great champion who wins in an exciting manner.
There have been great champions/winners in the past: Davis, Hendry.
And there have been great entertainers: Alex, Jimmy.
But ROS is the only one that combines both elements, that's what makes him so special.

Judd is the only player around that is somewhat of a similar mold. But when ROS is gone, it's gonna be a sad day for snooker.
Almost all casuals follow snooker because of him. Wildey, you might enjoy/get excited by a tense match with lots of drama and safety battles between the likes of Hawkins and Ebdon, but most casuals will hate that type of game and steer away from watching it. What they want to see is lots of potted balls and big breaks. And the truth is that that vast majority of casuals is what keeps any sport alive. Snooker fanatics like us are a minority and thus not that important in the big scheme of things.

Good post, Pink Ball. I fully agree with this.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Why?

This is nonsense. Many can't wait to see the back of him? Probably a very small minority do, but that is all.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I think it is split.

I dislike Ronnie as a person but admire his game of course. The game will lose a great talent when he is gone.

But gauging the views at the snooker club, it is split. There are some who love him to bits and think he can do no wrong but there is a significant number who just want him gone.

Personally, I would rather he goes from the game naturally, being beaten by better younger talent and sliding down the rankings. If a decent crop had come through after the class of 92, he would be long gone but he has made the most of the fact that has not happened.

Who can blame him for that?

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:How can anyone want Ronnie gone :-(

Personally I won't miss him when he does go, especially his interviews, snooker will carry on fine, but I don't want him gone. Great player to watch.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Why?

Only his opponents will be happy to see him gone. And not even all of those. MJW for example wants him around. Ronnie draws the crowds, the crowds draw the sponsors. That means more money for the players. That's why MJW likes him around.
What makes Ronnie special is the fact that he's a great champion who wins in an exciting manner.
There have been great champions/winners in the past: Davis, Hendry.
And there have been great entertainers: Alex, Jimmy.
But ROS is the only one that combines both elements, that's what makes him so special.

Judd is the only player around that is somewhat of a similar mold. But when ROS is gone, it's gonna be a sad day for snooker.
Almost all casuals follow snooker because of him. Wildey, you might enjoy/get excited by a tense match with lots of drama and safety battles between the likes of Hawkins and Ebdon, but most casuals will hate that type of game and steer away from watching it. What they want to see is lots of potted balls and big breaks. And the truth is that that vast majority of casuals is what keeps any sport alive. Snooker fanatics like us are a minority and thus not that important in the big scheme of things.

Good post, Pink Ball. I fully agree with this.

I said that, not Pinkey. I'm starting to think you guys are doing it on purpose. :-(

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:For weeks, my bed was comfortable to lie in and I was getting 8 hours of quality sleep a night.

Have you checked for a pea under the mattress?

:shock:

You're right.

My evil stepmother was conspiring against me.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I Did not say that lol

Doesn’t matter how good the results are for sponsors if no one’s watching to place bets on them.

Ronnie’s a big factor in viewing figures, which gives the sponsors the publicity they pay for.

the season he was missing wasent affected at all