Post a reply

Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image Monday 9th~Sunday 15th of September at the Regal International East Asia Hotel, Shanghai, China

Ronnie O'Sullivan will play Shaun Murphy for the Title.

To say the least Ronnie holds the upper hand but in Finals its pretty close with Shaun beating Ronnie twice.

Who will win the title?

DRAW

Final

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Shaun Murphy

Click for Head to Heads

Overall O'Sullivan leads 13-4
Main Tournaments O'Sullivan leads 8-2
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 5-1
Finals O'Sullivan leads 3-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan.


+1

+2

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie has his Masters in the UK, but in China this tournament really is like The Masters for him.

Since 2008 he's won this 3 times, and a further runner-up. 5 finals in the event, hopefully he makes it 4 titles here.

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.


Good times.

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.


I wonder if he still lurks on here. :chin:

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:-7

Oooh, what do you think about that?

Err, you're not very good with numbers?

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Guess which Numpty is gonna be on a flight to Spain tomorrow during the first session?

I should get to see the final session though. Will snake hiss my mum off though that as soon as arrive I put the snooker on

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Guess which Numpty is gonna be on a flight to Spain tomorrow during the first session?


Shaun Murphy?

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Guess which Numpty is gonna be on a flight to Spain tomorrow during the first session?


Shaun Murphy?

Is the Eurosport studio in Spain, then?

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:I did hear on twitter that Murphy had expressed an interest in commenting on the match whilst playing in it, via a mouthpiece from his chair

Wouldn't surprise me, he can be a right bell end sometimes

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ash147

Ck147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I did hear on twitter that Murphy had expressed an interest in commenting on the match whilst playing in it, via a mouthpiece from his chair

Wouldn't surprise me, he can be a right bell end sometimes


Sometimes?

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the table tonight - this includes three points awarded for those who predicted O'Sullivan to be a finalist. A further two points will be awarded should he win the Final tomorrow

47 PLtheRef 15 - 5*
45 Badsnookerplayer 16 - 1*
42 Wildey 15 - 4*
41 Johnny Bravo 15 - 2
39 Cloud Strife 13 - 3
37 Happycamper 13 - 3
35 Iranu 13 - 2
35 Sundaygirl 11 - 3
35 Deewee 11 - 2
33 Ash147 12 - 2
33 Snookerfan 11 - 4
15 LHpirnie 6 - 1

The maximum score available is six from the Final, either 2 points for an O'Sullivan win, 2 points for a correct score and 2 points for winning the event or 4 points for a Murphy win with 2 for the correct score.

Those with an asterix can still mathematically win the contest - Johnny Bravo just misses out on this on the basis that the first tiebreaker is number of correct winners, followed by number of correct scores.

The usual procedure is that those who can win the contest PM their predictions to me as TD to ensure that no-one can copy predictions to nurse an advantage. Given I can still win, obviously it wouldn't be appropriate for me to take the predictions. - Is there anyone not involved in the tie who would be happy to take mine, BSP and Wildey's predictions and then post them on here tomorrow?

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Prop

Murphy did an exhibition at our local club a couple of years ago. He actually seemed quite humble in general, apart from the start of the night when he stood out of sight round the corner then emerged when he was introduced over the PA, trying to create some sort of grand entrance. We’d all seen him arrive earlier on so it just seemed a bit forced. “I’m here!”

I’d bet there are some much bigger bell ends on tour though. As smug as he is I suppose he’s harmless.

He’s got a chance tomorrow. But he needs to ditch the “playing Ronnie is the ultimate test” patter. That’s a good way to lose before you’ve got to the table. He’s playing some good stuff at the minute so as long as he just plays the table and forgets about being the nice guy playing the GOAT he’s got every chance.

Ronnie, as predicted, stepped up to a canter today. Nothing like his absolute best but he’s one of the best ever at jumping on an opponent’s weaknesses. Robertson was vulnerable as soon as he knackered his tip and Ronnie made sure he kept him on the floor. Really unfortunate but as others have mentioned - why not carry a spare tip or two. He’ll be gutted, but he’s getting closer to his proper aggressive game, so overall he should be in a decent place. Keep your eye on him this season.

Looking forward to waking up to the final tomorrow!

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:I’d bet there are some much bigger bell ends on tour though.


Oh go on. Name them. You know you want to.

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Prop

Well I’d put the dishonest and sneaky sorts in front of Murphy in terms of bell-endery. Slowing frames down intentionally, that sort of thing. Also one player who had a nasty habit of flapping a big white towel around right in his opponent’s eyeline. Liang Wenbo. It happened far too often for it to be any less than intentional. He’s slipped down the rankings a bit now. Shame. Unfortunately there are too many of these kind of bell ends to name comprehensively... but we can all see it for ourselves.

Apologies for the thread drift.

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Murphy is alright IMO

Smug but harmless as Prop said is about right, but that incident last season with punditry mid match against Robbo was just ridiculous and didn't do himself any favours. Has he done anything else on that scale?

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Well I’d put the dishonest and sneaky sorts in front of Murphy in terms of bell-endery. Slowing frames down intentionally, that sort of thing. Also one player who had a nasty habit of flapping a big white towel around right in his opponent’s eyeline. Liang Wenbo. It happened far too often for it to be any less than intentional. He’s slipped down the rankings a bit now. Shame. Unfortunately there are too many of these kind of bell ends to name comprehensively... but we can all see it for ourselves.

Apologies for the thread drift.


We're allowed to go a bit off topic on the final threads as it's seen as live chat.

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Prop wrote:Murphy did an exhibition at our local club a couple of years ago. He actually seemed quite humble in general, apart from the start of the night when he stood out of sight round the corner then emerged when he was introduced over the PA, trying to create some sort of grand entrance. We’d all seen him arrive earlier on so it just seemed a bit forced. “I’m here!”

I’d bet there are some much bigger bell ends on tour though. As smug as he is I suppose he’s harmless.

He’s got a chance tomorrow. But he needs to ditch the “playing Ronnie is the ultimate test” patter. That’s a good way to lose before you’ve got to the table. He’s playing some good stuff at the minute so as long as he just plays the table and forgets about being the nice guy playing the GOAT he’s got every chance.

Ronnie, as predicted, stepped up to a canter today. Nothing like his absolute best but he’s one of the best ever at jumping on an opponent’s weaknesses. Robertson was vulnerable as soon as he knackered his tip and Ronnie made sure he kept him on the floor. Really unfortunate but as others have mentioned - why not carry a spare tip or two. He’ll be gutted, but he’s getting closer to his proper aggressive game, so overall he should be in a decent place. Keep your eye on him this season.

Looking forward to waking up to the final tomorrow!

Murphy can be annoying but I don’t think he means any harm, and he has a lot of good points

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Prop wrote:Murphy did an exhibition at our local club a couple of years ago. He actually seemed quite humble in general, apart from the start of the night when he stood out of sight round the corner then emerged when he was introduced over the PA, trying to create some sort of grand entrance. We’d all seen him arrive earlier on so it just seemed a bit forced. “I’m here!”

I’d bet there are some much bigger bell ends on tour though. As smug as he is I suppose he’s harmless.

He’s got a chance tomorrow. But he needs to ditch the “playing Ronnie is the ultimate test” patter. That’s a good way to lose before you’ve got to the table. He’s playing some good stuff at the minute so as long as he just plays the table and forgets about being the nice guy playing the GOAT he’s got every chance.

Ronnie, as predicted, stepped up to a canter today. Nothing like his absolute best but he’s one of the best ever at jumping on an opponent’s weaknesses. Robertson was vulnerable as soon as he knackered his tip and Ronnie made sure he kept him on the floor. Really unfortunate but as others have mentioned - why not carry a spare tip or two. He’ll be gutted, but he’s getting closer to his proper aggressive game, so overall he should be in a decent place. Keep your eye on him this season.

Looking forward to waking up to the final tomorrow!

Murphy can be annoying but I don’t think he means any harm, and he has a lot of good points

What are his good points?