Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

They should have made the China Open or the International Championship a non-ranker and kept the Shanghai as a ranker cause it's a far better event than the other 2.

Postby Lemnas

Johnny Bravo wrote:They should have made the China Open or the International Championship a non-ranker and kept the Shanghai as a ranker cause it's a far better event than the other 2.

Why is it better?

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:They should have made the China Open or the International Championship a non-ranker and kept the Shanghai as a ranker cause it's a far better event than the other 2.

The 3 tournaments have long frame formats so the 3 are more than allright, and it's good China has a big invitational tournament, just like the UK has the Masters and CoC.

Postby Andre147

Murphy said: “I thought I performed quite well. I was pleased with my performance. There were just a couple of mistakes here and there, but it was high quality. In sport there is always a winner and a loser. Unfortunately today I was on the wrong side.

“It was a very high standard. I think against most other players I would have won today and took home the trophy, but Ronnie is Ronnie.”

Honest assessment from Murphy. At least this time he isnt saying its an honor to play Ronnie because he's an all time great, like he's said in the past.

It was a high quality affair and Murphy just came a bit short, like he says, against most other players he would have won.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:Murphy said: “I thought I performed quite well. I was pleased with my performance. There were just a couple of mistakes here and there, but it was high quality. In sport there is always a winner and a loser. Unfortunately today I was on the wrong side.

“It was a very high standard. I think against most other players I would have won today and took home the trophy, but Ronnie is Ronnie.”

Honest assessment from Murphy. At least this time he isnt saying its an honor to play Ronnie because he's an all time great, like he's said in the past.

It was a high quality affair and Murphy just came a bit short, like he says, against most other players he would have won.

That sounds more like a winner’s mindset. Good to hear. Maybe this is a conscious decision to adopt a more aggressive mental approach after working with Chris Henry again.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Lemnas wrote:

Why is it better?

Great format and venue. Plus Shanghai is the second best city in China after Hong-Kong.

Postby Dan-cat

Managed to avoid seeing the score - just finished watching it here in Spain on YouTube. Didn't want to upset my mum by immediatly switching on the snooker when we had guests.

bucking brilliant entertainment, that match had everything. C'mon the Rocket!

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Managed to avoid seeing the score - just finished watching it here in Spain on YouTube. Didn't want to upset my mum by immediatly switching on the snooker when we had guests.

bucking brilliant entertainment, that match had everything. C'mon the Rocket!

I know the feeling... having guests and then you badly want to switch to the Snooker, but you dont do it because well... it might upset someone lol... hate it, especially if its Ronnie on.

Postby Wildey

it wasent a choice of one or another..

Shanghai wanted top players and Barry Hearn wanted flat draws so they compromised and made it invitational

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Shanghai wanted top players and Barry Hearn wanted flat draws so they compromised and made it invitational

Johnny's only bitter because Ronnie cant add two more ranking titles to his name lol...

I'm not that bothered, it's a very prestigious event and China also deserved their Masters.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Johnny's only bitter because Ronnie cant add two more ranking titles to his name lol...

I'm not that bothered, it's a very prestigious event and China also deserved their Masters.

Fans are too hung up on this ranking tag thing.

Who cares its a tournament that was won by Ronnie a very prestigious event at that.

When Hendry was playing i didnt care if he won the Masters, the British Open or a Pro Am in Hamburg all i wanted was WIN WIN WIN and WIN again.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Oh Andre, you know me well. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie compares himself to Tiger Woods and Ballesteros after Shanghai Masters triumph. Personally, I think he's better than them.

https://www.metro.co.uk/2019/09/15/ronn ... 47779/amp/

Ronnie seems to have an inferiority complex about snooker. He keeps saying he wishes he was Federer as well.

I think he wishes he was better at a more popular sport.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie compares himself to Tiger Woods and Ballesteros after Shanghai Masters triumph. Personally, I think he's better than them.

https://www.metro.co.uk/2019/09/15/ronn ... 47779/amp/

Ronnie seems to have an inferiority complex about snooker. He keeps saying he wishes he was Federer as well.

I think he wishes he was better at a more popular sport.

You are right, he does.
Even though we Islanders love snooker, for the rest of the world tennis is bigger/better. Plus there's way more cash in tennis. ROS wanted a part of that.

Postby The_Abbott

Ronnie is going to have to compete in some rankers this season. Its the only way to qualify for the Shanghai Masters and the Masters.

Postby Cloud Strife

The_Abbott wrote:Ronnie is going to have to compete in some rankers this season. Its the only way to qualify for the Shanghai Masters and the Masters.

Unless he receives a wildcard for both events.

Also as defending champion, doesn't he automatically qualify for the Shanghai Masters anyway?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I wonder if Hearn would give him a Wildcard to The Masters?

It's been years since they've done that.

He won't be dropping out of the top 16 this season even if he doesent play a frame

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

He won't be dropping out of the top 16 this season even if he doesent play a frame

Oh yeah. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

When do they announce the Champion of Champions fixtures?

I know not position has been filled yet. But there have been years where the final place hasn't been filled until the Sunday before it starts.

I'm just curious as to when Reanne will play.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:Image

They look like someone’s dropped trou just out of frame.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Hypothetically speaking, say Ronnie was to drop out of the 16 at some point in the future, would Hearn give him a wildcard, in your opinion?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What the hell is that runners up trophy?

Some sort of plate.

It's very good looking for a runners-up trophy. In fact it looks a million times better than the HIDEOUS black rock trophy the Welsh Open had.