Post a reply

Re: Think Pink 2019

Postby Wildey

That's fair pinky Ronnie will play and have a good chance of winning them. I did not make a fuss when Hawkins one of my players won the PHC but that's ronnie fans for you

Postby Pink Ball

I’m not taking much notice of the complaint. Nobody complained beforehand, and that was the time to air it. Only one person questioned why the likes of the Tour Championship was included, but my reasoning was accepted by that person.

There will be absolutely no moving on this, and I can’t see it changing for future editions.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:I’m not taking much notice of the complaint. Nobody complained beforehand, and that was the time to air it. Only one person questioned why the likes of the Tour Championship was included, but my reasoning was accepted by that person.

There will be absolutely no moving on this, and I can’t see it changing for future editions.

What happened to the customer always being right?

Postby Cloud Strife

Seriously though, the comp has been run very well so far. All the rules and regs make perfect sense, no complaints from me.

Including invitationals would have been an odd move to make in my opinion and a massive headache to successfully integrate into the competition from what I can see.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife wrote:Seriously though, the comp has been run very well so far. All the rules and regs make perfect sense, so no complaints from me.

Including invitationals would have been an odd move to make in my opinion and a massive headache to successfully integrate into the competition from what I can see.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:Seriously though, the comp has been run very well so far. All the rules and regs make perfect sense, no complaints from me.

Yeah. They’re not counted here for much the same reasons they don’t carry ranking points.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I’m not taking much notice of the complaint. Nobody complained beforehand, and that was the time to air it. Only one person questioned why the likes of the Tour Championship was included, but my reasoning was accepted by that person.

Are you paying him money for this? If not, you're not a customer.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Are you paying him money for this? If not, you're not a customer.

Yes, I am. I demand a refund!

Postby Iranu

I love when Dan drunk posts <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I love when Dan drunk posts <laugh>

Yes I can confirm, he hadn't really given me one up the bum. <ok>

Postby Wildey

ive got Neil Robertson as a pick.

in 1st event he couldnt get a earlier flight in the current event he was ill and the 2nd event he lost round before the quarters.

Getting screwed over by a aussie springs to mind

Postby eraserhead

Starting to regret picking Ding based on his matches so far.

Postby Pink Ball

Player of the Year update after today's results
1 Mark Joyce 27
1 Kurt Maflin 27
3 Yan Bingtao 16
4 Luo Honghao 14
5 Matthew Selt 12
5 Shaun Murphy 12
7 Stuart Carrington 9
8 Hossein Vafaei 7
9 Mark King 5
9 Li Hang 5
9 Tom Ford 5
12 Gary Wilson 4
12 Graeme Dott 4
12 Mark Allen 4
12 Judd Trump 4
12 Joe Perry 4
17 Mark Selby 3
18 Ding Junhui 2
18 Barry Hawkins 2
20 Mark Williams 1

Postby Pink Ball

China Championship standings after today's results

1 Lightning Strike (Johnny Bravo) 7
1 Head Full of Dreams, Pocket Full of Chalk (Iranu) 7
1 nWo (KrazeeEyezKilla) 7
4 Far Queue Too (Snookerfan) 6
4 The one and only (Wildey) 6
6 Live or Die, make your choice (Andre147) 4
6 Tissit (Deewee) 4
6 Sunday Boyz (on the baize) (Sundaygirl) 4
6 Boring chameleons (QSM) 4
10 miscue (Rekoons) 3
10 Schoburg Franklins (snoopy2608) 3
12 Drew Peacock's Elect (Badsnookerplayer) 2
12 Team Chinaski (Holden Chinaski) 2
14 The Force (Carayip) 1
15 The 32-County Republic (Pink Ball) 0
15 The Winter Garden Medalists (aimlesswanderer) 0
15 Fire Chalk With Me (Eraserhead) 0
15 快乐的露营者 (Happy Camper) 0
15 Al-Qaeda (Cloud Strife) 0
15 DECLINE (Lemnas) 0
15 Cue Wine School (Ck147) 0
15 The Stripers (McManusFan) 0
15 Another Helping? (Alex0Paul) 0
15 I'll do anything for Ranking Points but I won't do that (The_Abbott) 0
15 Dreamboat (Dan-cat) 0
15 The New Decade (Raphael98) 0
15 You've been Framed (Mick745) 0
15 "Who is Max Boyce anyway?" (Vodkadiet1) 0
15 Top Gear (TheRocket) 0

Postby carayip

Wildey wrote:ive got Neil Robertson as a pick.

in 1st event he couldnt get a earlier flight in the current event he was ill and the 2nd event he lost round before the quarters.

Players in the 1st or 2nd group don’t really matter much. Robertson even winning this tournament could only get you 4 points. As you see, Bingtao winning a tournament got people 4 times as many points as Trump winning one. The key to this game is obviously to pick the right surprises in the late rounds

Postby Pink Ball

carayip wrote:

Players in the 1st or 2nd group don’t really matter much. Robertson even winning this tournament could only get you 4 points. As you see, Bingtao winning a tournament got people 4 times as many points as Trump winning one. The key to this game is obviously to pick the right surprises in the late rounds

Correct, although it's worth remembering that players in group one or group two are likely to be the most consistent point scorers.

Postby Pink Ball

For the record, the perfect team so far would have 101 points by now.
1. Judd Trump (4)
2. Mark Allen (4)
3. Shaun Murphy (12)
4. Yan Bingtao (16)
5. Mark King/Li Hang/Tom Ford (5, nobody picked these players)
6. Matthew Selt (12, nobody picked)
7. Hossein Vafaei (7)
8. No points scorer yet
9. Mark Joyce/Kurt Maflin (27, nobody picked these players)
10. No points scorer yet
11. No points scorer yet
12. No points scorer yet
13. No points scorer yet
14. Luo Honghao (14)
15. No points scorer yet
16. No points scorer yet
Wildcard. No points scorer yet

Postby Wildey

carayip wrote:

yea but had he turned up to Riga and won it Eraserhead wouldn't get the points lol

Postby carayip

Wildey wrote:
carayip wrote:

yea but had he turned up to Riga and won it Eraserhead wouldn't get the points lol

But you wouldn’t be on top either even Robertson did well. Joe Perry winning this week would help you more

Postby Pink Ball

My mistake, forgot to include David Gilbert in the player of the year standings.
1 Mark Joyce 27
1 Kurt Maflin 27
3 Yan Bingtao 16
4 Luo Honghao 14
5 Matthew Selt 12
5 Shaun Murphy 12
7 Stuart Carrington 9
8 Hossein Vafaei 7
9 Mark King 5
9 Li Hang 5
9 Tom Ford 5
12 Gary Wilson 4