Post a reply

Snooker TV coverage

Postby JohnC

Is anyone else annoyed by the TV coverage's penchant, for zooming in to a close up shot of one of the players, and staying there for what seems like hours, before returning to the action.

I want to see the table and the scores, not someone yawning or picking his teeth or his nose, as one player is often seen doing.

Re: Snooker TV coverage

Postby Ck147

JohnC wrote:Is anyone else annoyed by the TV coverage's penchant, for zooming in to a close up shot of one of the players, and staying there for what seems like hours, before returning to the action.

I want to see the table and the scores, not someone yawning or picking his teeth or his nose, as one player is often seen doing.

Be careful, that player has a big following, you might get ostracised, but I agree with you. Personally I would rather see more of another players hair routine.

Postby Andre147

90% of the time is spent covering the table.

But sometimes we also need to see the players, especially because body language is very important in determining how a player is feeling during the match.

I think they have the right balance.

Postby McManusFan

I don't mind it looking at the players (provided we don't miss a shot, just some thinking time). What annoys me the most is when the camera spends ages looking at people in the audience. I just don't care if a Patsy Fagan lookalike is in!

Postby Cloud Strife

McManusFan wrote:I don't mind it looking at the players (provided we don't miss a shot, just some thinking time). What annoys me the most is when the camera spends ages looking at people in the audience. I just don't care if a Patsy Fagan lookalike is in!

rofl

+1

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:I don't mind it looking at the players (provided we don't miss a shot, just some thinking time). What annoys me the most is when the camera spends ages looking at people in the audience. I just don't care if a Patsy Fagan lookalike is in!

Absolutely spot on. Now, every sporting event is continually interrupted by shots of the player's wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/live-in-lover/mistress/snotty kids/grandparent's uncle's mother's brother.

Focus on the goddamn field of play (table) it's all that matters.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Absolutely spot on. Now, every sporting event is continually interrupted by shots of the player's wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/live-in-lover/mistress/snotty kids/grandparent's uncle's mother's brother.

Focus on the goddamn field of play (table) it's all that matters.

Isn't The Island's favourite sport tennis bad for that?

During Wimbledon, the Sports sections have celebrity watch. Oooh. Boner. The Duchess Of Cornwall is there. Where's Cliff Richards?