Post a reply

Re: The Masters to be behind closed doors

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Hearn once claim that he had a ton of non-gambling companies that would be happy to sponsor events if gambling companies stopped being available?

Yup, turns out they were alcohol and tobacco endorsements.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Hearn once claim that he had a ton of non-gambling companies that would be happy to sponsor events if gambling companies stopped being available?

That may have been true if and when he said it, but so much has changed in the past 12 months, it is understandable companies being far more cautious at the moment

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Also sponsor-less.

This is far more concerning than the event being held in Milton Keynes is.

Agreed.

You’ll be excited to hear the Masters has now secured sponsorship. The company to have taken on the mantle is...

(drumroll)

BetFred.
:shock:

Postby Dan-cat

One thing I don't understand is why loads of those tournaments in Milton Keynes didn't have their usual sponsors... Matchroom took the brunt of this and dipped in their pockets (fair play to Barry for this, he's a bonafide ledge if you ask me. You didn't, but that's my opinion anyway.)

I mean, they still had the same TV coverage, so the sponsors would have had the same exposure, and with lockdown probably higher viewing figures! So I'm confused about that.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

As usual, Iranu is talking absolute bullocks.

https://wst.tv/betfred-to-sponsor-the-masters/

TBF to Iranu, this was announced today.

Still, good news The Masters has a sponsor even if it is only Betfred.

Are you saying that Iranu shouldn't stfu?

Controversial.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:One thing I don't understand is why loads of those tournaments in Milton Keynes didn't have their usual sponsors... Matchroom took the brunt of this and dipped in their pockets (fair play to Barry for this, he's a bonafide ledge if you ask me. You didn't, but that's my opinion anyway.)

I mean, they still had the same TV coverage, so the sponsors would have had the same exposure, and with lockdown probably higher viewing figures! So I'm confused about that.

Probably other parts of the business are struggling badly and they needed to make cutbacks somewhere, and usual snooker was the easy target.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

As usual, Iranu is talking absolute bullocks.

https://wst.tv/betfred-to-sponsor-the-masters/

TBF to Iranu, this was announced today.

Still, good news The Masters has a sponsor even if it is only Betfred.

Are you saying that Iranu shouldn't stfu?

I think you should.