Post a reply

Re: the greatest of all time ?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:I guess it is irrefutable. Higgins is the greatest. An unbiased study using logic rather than fanboyism cannot be contested.

So basically you are admitting Ronnie is greater than Hendry and has played to a higher level, right ?

Vodka is admitting he's a troll. Not that we didn't know already.

Postby vodkadiet1

The algorithm loses its potency when comparing different eras but it is bang on the mark when comparing players of the same era. Hence any comparison for example with the so called 'Class of 92' is as accurate a result as anything that has been done before. This is comparable to South Korea's reponse to Covid 19. It is a fantastic piece of work overall. But the main point here is only compare players of the same era. Sure there is always going to be some overlap but a direct comparison between O'Sullivan and Higgins will always bring Higgins out on top. Tte algorithm works 100% in this regard.

The University of Limerick has always been a centre of scientific excellence and this yet again proves it.

Postby vodkadiet1

Algorithm - a set of mathematical instructions or rules that, especially if given to a computer, will help to calculate an answer to a problem:

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:The algorithm loses its potency when comparing different eras but it is bang on the mark when comparing players of the same era. Hence any comparison for example with the so called 'Class of 92' is as accurate a result as anything that has been done before. This is comparable to South Korea's reponse to Covid 19. It is a fantastic piece of work overall. But the main point here is only compare players of the same era. Sure there is always going to be some overlap but a direct comparison between O'Sullivan and Higgins will always bring Higgins out on top. Tte algorithm works 100% in this regard.

The University of Limerick has always been a centre of scientific excellence and this yet again proves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Joe Davis World Title Tally > Everybody Else

Joe Davis is the GOAT.

Why you dissing J. Bags, bro?

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:Algorithms outweigh biased and stupid human beings every time.

You might want to see a doctor about that brain injury you have.

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:

You might want to see a doctor about that brain injury you have.

Very bad taste. But that is to be expected.

Postby vodkadiet1

Johnson had his jab earlier and said he 'felt nothing'. Now he knows how women who sleep wth him feel like when he is thrusting away.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:Johnson had his jab earlier and said he 'felt nothing'. Now he knows how women who sleep wth him feel like when he is thrusting away.

I fail to see what this has got to do with the conversation that we're having, and I'm resisting the urge to ask how you know what it feels like to sleep with Boris Johnson.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Johnson had his jab earlier and said he 'felt nothing'. Now he knows how women who sleep wth him feel like when he is thrusting away.

I fail to see what this has got to do with the conversation that we're having, and I'm resisting the urge to ask how you know what it feels like to sleep with Boris Johnson.

Vodka is obsessed with Boris Johnson, Ronnie O'Sullivan, and corpse munchers. It's very difficult for him to talk about anything else.

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:

rubbish, was he talking about Boris? I assumed he was dissing Joe.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rubbish, was he talking about Boris? I assumed he was dissing Joe.

You're right. I shouldn't assume.

Postby SnookerEd25

I defaulted to Joe too. I did wonder what he’d done to upset VodkaDiet :shrug:

Postby Dan-cat

It's funny that you never had Higgins in your top player spot, it was always Hendry, because 7 > 6 as you always said ad nauseum. This algo comes along and you change your tune completely simply because it doesn't have Ronnie as the GOAT, and so you wish to dance around his ashes. If it had had Ronnie at the top, you wouldn't have contributed to this thread or this conversation and you know it. This trolling is transparent even by your low standards. Well it's a bit of fun, I suppose.

Ronnie has more majors than Hendry or Higgins, so that gives me all the info I need.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:

It's funny that you never had Higgins in your top player spot, it was always Hendry, because 7 > 6 as you always said ad nauseum. This algo comes along and you change your tune completely simply because it doesn't have Ronnie as the GOAT, and so you wish to dance around his ashes. If it had had Ronnie at the top, you wouldn't have contributed to this thread or this conversation and you know it. This trolling is transparent even by your low standards. Well it's a bit of fun, I suppose.

Ronnie has more majors than Hendry or Higgins, so that gives me all the info I need.

Vodka is just confirming he's a biased and stupid human being. Not that there was ever any doubt. He doesn't care about Hendry or Higgins or who is the best. He just hates Ronnie with a passion and he would rather die than admit Ronnie might be the best. Also, he likes to troll this forum. Something he is good at, I have to admit. But he will always suck up to the mods when needed.

Postby Holden Chinaski

As HappyCaper pointed out in another thread, this was just a silly experiment and at no point did they claim to have come to some definite or objective truth. Clearly, the algorithm was not advanced enough. Ronnie has won more of anything there is to win compared to Higgins, and he did it in the exact same era.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Vodka is just confirming he's a biased and stupid human being. Not that there was ever any doubt. He doesn't care about Hendry or Higgins or who is the best. He just hates Ronnie with a passion and he would rather die than admit Ronnie might be the best. Also, he likes to troll this forum. Something he is good at, I have to admit. But he will always suck up to the mods when needed.

At least we found out that he's boned Boris Johnson. I found that interesting.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

At least we found out that he's boned Boris Johnson. I found that interesting.

rofl

Postby vodkadiet1

Dan-cat wrote:

There is only one major in snooker the last time I checked.

Like most with their tongue up O'Sullivan's backside you fail to see reality.

The only trolling I see comes from O'Sullivan sycophants. It is not only tiresome but shows a total lack of imagination.

The algorithm seems to have upset a few cry babies on this forum.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:The algorithm seems to have upset a few cry babies on this forum.

This is what you desperately want, but it's not there. Nobody cares. You need to get over your Ronnie obsession, it's pathetic. Get a life. You act like a 12-year-old.

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:The algorithm seems to have upset a few cry babies on this forum.

This is what you desperately want, but it's not there. Nobody cares. You need to get over your Ronnie obsession, it's pathetic. Get a life. You act like a 12-year-old.

You are like one of those toys with a cord in their back. You pull the cord and it says one of 4 phrases over and over.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

You are like one of those toys with a cord in their back. You pull the cord and it says one of 4 phrases over and over.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_c ... ttle_black

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Lads, the algorithim is cockerel. There isn't a single person on this thread who doesn't know that. Why you're all getting upset about it, I don't know. Cool it.

One post, say it's cockerel, explain why, move on.

:goodpost:

SICAMO

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:

But you know Dan is right Vodka. If this very same "study" had O'Sullivan as Number 1 you probably would call it a biased study, not worthy of discussing. Since someone, in this instance not Hendry, is number 1, you fully credit this crap study which puts players like Ryan Day and Carter above legends of the game.

And in the one major there is in Snooker, it's 6 - 4 in O'Sullivan's favour compared with Higgins, plus both are from the same generation.

The GOAT debate should always be, in my humble opinion, between Hendry and O'Sullivan.