Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O’Sullivan on Rob Moore YouTube Podcast

Postby Prop

I’m halfway through, and it’s actually very good. The guy doing the podcast just shuts up and lets him speak.

Definitely worth a couple of hours.

Postby TheRocket

calls Higgins the GOAT. Also says, 20 years ago he couldnt have said that because they obviously played against each other all the time and Higgins would have gained strength from that but now he can say it because he is 45 and doesnt care anymore lol.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:calls Higgins the GOAT. Also says, 20 years ago he couldnt have said that because they obviously played against each other all the time and Higgins would have gained strength from that but now he can say it because he is 45 and doesnt care anymore lol.

20 years ago neither Ronnie nor Higgins would have been in the conversation for GOAT anyway rofl

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:calls Higgins the GOAT. Also says, 20 years ago he couldnt have said that because they obviously played against each other all the time and Higgins would have gained strength from that but now he can say it because he is 45 and doesnt care anymore lol.

20 years ago neither Ronnie nor Higgins would have been in the conversation for GOAT anyway rofl

True. <laugh>

But even now I think Higgins cant really be in the conversation for GOAT. Most complete player of all time? Probably. But greatest? Nope.

Ronnie and John are from the same generation and they played in the very same era against the very same opposition and Ronnie has just won more. So Ronnie is definitely ahead of him. And Hendry for sure is above Higgins as well.

For me Higgins is the 3rd greatest but some people might argue its Davis.

Postby mick745

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:

True. <laugh>

But even now I think Higgins cant really be in the conversation for GOAT. Most complete player of all time? Probably. But greatest? Nope.

Ronnie and John are from the same generation and they played in the very same era against the very same opposition and Ronnie has just won more. So Ronnie is definitely ahead of him. And Hendry for sure is above Higgins as well.

For me Higgins is the 3rd greatest but some people might argue its Davis.

Personally the top 3 for me are Hendry, O'Sullivan and Davis.

Higgins is in the next bracket with Selby and Williams.

Higgins couldnt even beat Davis at the crucible when Davis was 52!

Postby TheRocket

to be fair that 2010 match always leaves a bad aftertaste because of what happened after that lol and Higgins 6 month ban. In 2000 Higgins beat Davis at the Crucible. But I can absolutely understand when Snookerfans put Davis above Higgins. He has the numbers on his side. But from what I've seen personaly most Snookerfans or even players Top5 is like this now.

1. Hendry/O'Sullivan
2. Hendry/O'Sullivan
3. Higgins
4. Davis
5. Selby