Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump 9 ball watache thread

Postby 1892

Andre147 wrote:Trump losing then?

Was to be expected. Not watching now, keep us updated lads.

Currently 6-0 down

Postby Andre147

James Bentley wrote:Jayson Shaw now 9-0 up. He's barely made a mistake all match.

A good learning experience for Trump though.

Hope he wins 1 rack.and doesnt get the whitewash.

Postby 1892

Andre147 wrote:
James Bentley wrote:Jayson Shaw now 9-0 up. He's barely made a mistake all match.

A good learning experience for Trump though.

Hope he wins 1 rack.and doesnt get the whitewash.

9-1

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Judd wins a rack with the aid of a fluke because of course

Deserves a bit of luck considering Shaw had one in the 1st rack.

Postby Iranu

This result’s been coming to be fair. He wasn’t punished for mistakes in earlier rounds.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:This result’s been coming to be fair. He wasn’t punished for mistakes in earlier rounds.

Not watching but its true.

Against a top Pool player he had no chance.

Still, a good learning experience like I mentioned.

Postby SnookerEd25

I gather Judd was nine down before he got a real chance at the table. Can happen in winner-breaks pool.

My first experience of nine ball was when I first got Sky in 1999. I ran through the TV listings that first evening and saw that Pool was on. Even better, when I tuned in Tony Drago was one of the combatants so I settled down to enjoy the match.

His opponent (I forget who it was now) broke off and ran the rack, then proceeded to do the same for a further seven racks. In a race to nine, Drago was 8-0 down before he got his first shot of the match! Put me right off the sport for a couple of years, until Matchroom promoted the 2000 World Championships live and I got heavily into it then, finally being able to appreciate the tactics and subtle nuances of the game.

Postby James Bentley

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Could Trump be playing Earl Strickland next?

Unfortunately not. He'll play the winner of the Blaine Barcus - Jason Theron match (which doesn't start for another couple of hours).

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:I gather Judd was nine down before he got a real chance at the table. Can happen in winner-breaks pool.

My first experience of nine ball was when I first got Sky in 1999. I ran through the TV listings that first evening and saw that Pool was on. Even better, when I tuned in Tony Drago was one of the combatants so I settled down to enjoy the match.

His opponent (I forget who it was now) broke off and ran the rack, then proceeded to do the same for a further seven racks. In a race to nine, Drago was 8-0 down before he got his first shot of the match! Put me right off the sport for a couple of years, until Matchroom promoted the 2000 World Championships live and I got heavily into it then, finally being able to appreciate the tactics and subtle nuances of the game.

Yeah I’m starting to understand why it’s winner to break. Seems to me that 9 Ball is about not making mistakes more than it is pushing to make something happen. That’s just the nature of it. It seems very easy at first glance, and indeed potting balls on these tables will be easy. So a mistake (during a sequence of pots that should always be easy) is duly penalised with ball in hand, and the whole initiative handed over with the break.

If it was alternating breaks you could end up with a crap player making mistakes but still staying a rack or two within reach of their opponent (who’s playing to a much higher standard and making fewer mistakes) because clearing the table when given the opportunity isn’t hard.

Instead, he gets that opportunity from his/her opponent making a mistake.