Post a reply

Re: Snooker Island Grand Prix

Postby Juddernaut88

I am but I'm no longer involved in the tournament but still thought I would share that with you :)

Postby chengdufan

Me too Judders!
I've got my first game for a while this Sunday.

I'll take some photos of the snooker club I play at and share here. It might be of interest to some people.

Postby RunningSide

I'm playing Sunday, out of interest, what's the rule for using 2 cues. Recently been using my first cue,way to small but pretty good in close. Can I use standard length cue for other shots.

Postby Prop

I haven’t played for months and it’s getting me down. Might have to find a new playing partner.

Postby Prop

RunningSide wrote:I'm playing Sunday, out of interest, what's the rule for using 2 cues. Recently been using my first cue,way to small but pretty good in close. Can I use standard length cue for other shots.

Yeah, no rules forbidding it.

Postby chengdufan

Scores are in from Running Side :-)

I didn't get to play unfortunately. Playing partner cancelled :-(

Postby chengdufan

RunningSide wrote:played today 24/10. f1 15. f2 12. f3 26.Thanks.

Pink Ball wrote:18, 22, 45

Pink Ball 3-0 Running Side
18-15
22-12
45-26

Postby chengdufan

Well Played Pink Ball! This result puts you in the driving seat for the title, going into the final match.

@Running Side @Pink Ball Tell us about your games. How did you play?

Postby RunningSide

Bit of a struggle to be honest, since selling cue trying to make do with my first cue I'm limited with shot choices, as previously said cue very short and only comfortable playing little stun or screw shots anything over 6foot little chance of pot.Only time I made a break was when mate missed in a decent position, I'm unable to play a attacking game due to lack of long potting. On the search for a new cue,Strangely guy who bought my cue came into club and played a few frames, asked how cue was playing hoping he'd say ,can't pot a ball.told me after 2 sessions he's had the 10 best breaks of his life, topping 82,no chance of selling it back said I,unprintable response. Also my mate is playing so well at the moment expecting a ton anytime,.

Postby chengdufan

I've got a game of Chinese 8 ball lined up for tomorrow. Going to a place I haven't been before to play my daughter's friend's dad. I'll try to get some photos.

Postby rekoons

I played quite well yesterday winning 3 out of 4 frames losing one on the black. In fact the three of us all played quite good, making for a fun evening with tense frames being decided on the last 2 or 3 colours.

We all made a 20+ break and the guy who I rate the best of us lost all 4 frames despite playing well!

I managed two little 7 ball breaks, one only netted me 14 points and the other 22, four reds and 3 pinks, had to nothing special with the white just some stuns, run throughs and a soft screw to keep it tight around the pink spot. I then run out of position on the fourth red which I should’ve hit it a little harder to not leave me close to the cushion.

Also very pleased to not have missed any silly balls, I don’t remember when was the last time I did that. Long game was okay too, made a few important ones and the ones I missed rattled in the jaws, I can live with that, better than missing them by a foot or more because those are real confidence killers! :-)

Postby Juddernaut88

Good stuff Rekoons :) I need to learn from you. I've not made a 20+ break since February 2020

Postby chengdufan

I played pool today. It's the first time I've played in a while and it showed. I didn't play well at all and lost. My opponent was surprisingly good, but I think I can beat him more often than not. I'll have to do better than today though!
After he won the first game easily, he had the habit of telling me what shot to play, which I can tell you was very annoying! I kept my cool externally, he was trying to be nice and helpful, but inside it got to me and affected my game. I started to play quicker so that he didn't have a chance to tell me what to do, but it wasn't my natural game.

I've taken a few pics as promised, but I'm not a photographer and they're not great. I forgot to take pics once we were playing, I'll try and do better next time.
They had about 10 Chinese Pool tables and 2 snooker tables, all in good condition.

Postby rekoons

Looks like a nice place to play!

Is the second picture a 10 footer or so? (Only 6 legs)

Postby rekoons

Juddernaut88 wrote:Good stuff Rekoons :) I need to learn from you. I've not made a 20+ break since February 2020

Cheers Judders,
I'm not so sure though, will let you know if this kind of form continues and have a similar story to report next time or back to shredsville...

Postby chengdufan

rekoons wrote:Looks like a nice place to play!

I'm not sure to be honest. It's a pool table, not a snooker table. If I had to guess, I'd say 8-9 feet, but I could be wrong.

I'll try and get a game of snooker at my usual place this weekend and share some pics from there.

Postby mantorok

The one you can see Johnny Bravo playing on? Yeah that's a 10 footer.

Postby Johnny Bravo

mantorok wrote:

The one you can see Johnny Bravo playing on? Yeah that's a 10 footer.

I've told you people time and time again that I mostly play on a 12 foot old Riley table a friend of mine owns.
I also have a club that has 12 ft tables. :mood:

Unfortunately, due to this fuckin' Covid crap, I haven't been able to play in a while :sad: :-(
I haven't gotten that stupid vaccine, nor I am keen on wearing that garbage mask >-(

Postby Iranu

I wouldn’t be keen on wearing a mask made of garbage either. Have you tried a normal one?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:I wouldn’t be keen on wearing a mask made of garbage either. Have you tried a normal one?

Good joke, but buck any type of masks. I refuse to wear one in open space. >-(

Postby chengdufan

rekoons wrote:Hichengdufan

here's my 3 frame scores:

May Post report tomorrow.

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Sorry for delay CDF.

Mine were 16, 25 , 43

I normally start stronger and go off so unusual

Badsnookerplayer 3-0 Rekoons
16-15
25-22
43-18

Postby chengdufan

Well done to Bads! And commiserations to Reks, the match was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests.

How did your game go Badsnookerplayer? You must have been happy with the 43 break.

Postby chengdufan

Here are the standings going into the final matches:

1. Pink Ball 10 points
2. Badsnookerplayer 8
3. Running Side 4
4. Rekoons 2

Remaining Matches:
Running Side v Badsnookerplayer
Pink Ball v Rekoons

And here's a reminder of the tie-breakers if the points are level:
Position within the group tables will be decided by:
1. Most points
2. Match against opponent
3. Highest break in the competition
4. Second highest break in the competition

With Pink Ball's win over Running Side, even if they are level on 10 points after the next games, Pink will claim the title on the tiebreaker.

So the title will go to either Pink Ball or Badsnookerplayer.

Badsnooker player needs to get 3 or more points than Pink Ball from the final match in order to win. It is 2 points for a won frame, and 1 point for a tied frame.

Postby chengdufan

I introduced my daughter to cue sports for the first time today :D

She could be the next Ng On Yee.

I chose the American pool table rather than snooker of course. I'm not a sadist.